My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My name is Ben and yesterday I ordered a JD X300 to keep the grass on my couple of acres that I just bought under control.

Was originally looking at a X748 and then started looking at a 1026R FILB w/ 60" MMM but funds got a bit short this year so the X300 will serve as a stop gap. Wanted a X320 but in Aus its a real struggle to get one with a 42" deck so it can fit into my 7x4 trailer so X300 it is. Got the 4 year warranty so even with the K46 trans its low risk for me.

I got the X300 with a brushguard but have seen on here that its possible to fit the bumper below the brushguard for extra protection, so that mods on the agenda.

Any other reccomended mods for the X300? :bananapow

Ill no doubt be asking a few questions so see y'all round the place!

·
Super Moderator
33,676 Posts
Welcome to MTF! Looks like you did some research before your purchase and already know the issues with the X300. Stay within what they are designed for and they'll last a long time though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers all.

I did read long and hard about the K46, bit hard to miss ;). When I asked my local dealer about the K46 he said yeah he'd read the internet forums reports of them cooking. He pulled me out his warranty books about the K46, two replaced in warranty periods on the fourteen hundred he has sold in five years. As the K46 is the most widely used transmission out there the odd blowup is to be expected.

Ill still do an oil change to synthetic on it at 50hrs though.

Ill have to put up some photos of my block and the X300 when it arrives.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts