My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
20,773 Posts
Welcome Tight Lines! Glad you joined in. Popular model you have there so info will be available. Enjoy!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Welcome to the best site, and best people.
So how are you using and enjoying your JD so far?
Gary

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome. For now we will be using it for lawn mowing duty. Once we get situated as we just moved I would like to get a plow for winter. It will also be used as a hauler eventually as I will have a 1/2 acre to clear of trees, rocks and other debris.

Tractor seems to be in good shape with some wear and tear on the hood and side air vents. Has a small leak at the power steering connection too.

Hoping to use the forum to fix, care and maintain it as this is my first tractor. We just moved to the Boonies from the concrete jungle of the Chicago suburbs.

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
NICE. and Welcome!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is some data on your new JD.

TractorData.com John Deere 445 tractor information

You can check your serial number to find out what year it is.

CCMoe
Appreciate that info. Looks like I have a 1996 version. I do know the plastic cam was replaced as well as head gaskets.

Hoping to locate a shop manual for it.

Also, is there an easy way to search for “445” topics as it looks like the search doesn’t like the three characters only.

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
Appreciate that info. Looks like I have a 1996 version. I do know the plastic cam was replaced as well as head gaskets.

Hoping to locate a shop manual for it.

Also, is there an easy way to search for “445” topics as it looks like the search doesn’t like the three characters only.
Tight Lines,

You can download the manual or buy a CD on eBay, it is almost 1000 pages of 425, 445 and 455 information.

They are also available for purchase from John Deere or eBay, expensive though.

Good to hear that you were aware of the cam gear and that it has been replaced.

Plastic seem to be the issue for the 4X5 series, cam gear in the gas models and hood and side panels on all models.

CCMoe

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Jim. I was wondering more for searching the forum for 445 topics. I have been using Google a ton lately for info.

Tight Lines,

You can download the manual or buy a CD on eBay, it is almost 1000 pages of 425, 445 and 455 information.

They are also available for purchase from John Deere or eBay, expensive though.

Good to hear that you were aware of the cam gear and that it has been replaced.

Plastic seem to be the issue for the 4X5 series, cam gear in the gas models and hood and side panels on all models.

CCMoe
Thanks Moe, I did a lot of research before I bought the 445. Although I will have to put some more money into it I am happy with my purchase so far.

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
Thanks Moe, I did a lot of research before I bought the 445. Although I will have to put some more money into it I am happy with my purchase so far.[/QUOTE]

The 4X5 series are keepers and worth the investment, IMO.

CCMoe

·
Parts collector
2,769 Posts
:MTF_wel:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts