My Tractor Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
9K+ Poster
12,160 Posts
I've made this post a sticky per the request of the OP. Hopefully, Deere will come up with a solution, but in the meantime, we want potential buyers to be aware of the situation. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Just got the bill today for the spacers $350.00 also bought a I mach quick attachment I'm still going to persue jd for this problem I'll keep everyone posted

·
Registered
122 Posts
looks like the lift arms may need to be changed when going to the R4's (did the tractor originally have the R1's?), here is a picture of the ones on my 3320:

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
Just read this thread...

Simple fix by putting the CORRECT arms on the tractor in the first place. JD and local dealer dropped the ball in my humble opinion, but the OP should have never had to pay for this fix, but did anyway. Silly if you ask me.

Won't the addition of the spacers cause uneccessary wear on the axles, etc?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Indeed this is what JD should do for all 3032 & 38 tractors. These are the wrong arms for this tractor & JD should install the correct ones for all of the above owners for absolutely 0 $. I am to contact JD myself & if they give me hoo-ya,I will be gowing Orange in 5 years when I buy new again. Been green for 30+ years & have a 3032e also. Arms are to close to inner tires big time, reguardless of what JD says these arms need changed. No way in heck chains are going on any 3032e or 38 with out differant arms or spacers.
Joe Parcher

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a new 3032E with R4's. I don't need chains (don't live in snow or deep mud country), but if I needed them it definitely would be a problem with R4's. All my Cat 1 implements fit fine with about 1" of clearance on each side, but that's certainly not enough to clear a pair of chains. I love this little tractor, but clearly JD owes it's 3032E/3038E buyers a no-cost replacement set of lift arms with a modified profile to allow chain usage. That would easily fix this situation. NO WAY should the owner have to pay a dealer $350 to modify the wheel spacing just to use chains!

Then they should have a serious talk in the back room with the college kid design engineer who forgot about chain clearance. :fing20:

61 - 67 of 67 Posts