My Tractor Forum banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
the dealer is dropping off spacers this evening . After looking in to two other 3032 tractors the problem is the same they turned all their pins to the inside of there equiptment just making it fit and only 1" clearance. I can't do this alot of my equiptment is heavy and uses the arms inside of the two slots like the blower in the picture . jd is now saying i need the I MAX for special equiptment they are grasping at straws now. Because a cat 1 hitch is a cat 1 hitch top link 7/8 " draw pin 1" draw width 26" I don't now what part they don't understand. I will post pic's when I get the spacers on . I do like what I'm seeing on the post keep up the good work. I forwarded the forum search for the dealer to monitor . I can't believe this many views so far I'm glad I joined

·
Registered
718 Posts
I do like what I'm seeing on the post keep up the good work. I forwarded the forum search for the dealer to monitor . I can't believe this many views so far I'm glad I joined
That's what we are here for. And trust me, even though we bleed green we don't let JD or JD dealers off lightly. We do pay attention to how people are treated. Most of us have great dealers but we have told a few people not to buy green because of their local dealer.

Hang in there, sounds like your dealer is at least trying.

·
Registered
28 Posts
That's what we are here for. And trust me, even though we bleed green we don't let JD or JD dealers off lightly. We do pay attention to how people are treated. Most of us have great dealers but we have told a few people not to buy green because of their local dealer.

Hang in there, sounds like your dealer is at least trying.

Well, I was seriously close to going in to JD and picking out a 3032e as I beleive I have settled my dilemma. All of this thread has left me seriously reconsidering any JD product (due to the incompetence of the resolution, not because there is a problem). I hope someone fro JD is watching this thread and realizes they not only have at least two unhappy customers, they have, for now, lost a third.

It's not the ups and downs I dont like, its the dips!:00000060:

·
Just passing through
8,419 Posts
Well, I was seriously close to going in to JD and picking out a 3032e as I beleive I have settled my dilemma. All of this thread has left me seriously reconsidering any JD product (due to the incompetence of the resolution, not because there is a problem). I hope someone fro JD is watching this thread and realizes they not only have at least two unhappy customers, they have, for now, lost a third.

Well, if you are looking at one with AG tires...you don't have a problem...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
718 Posts

I wouldn't rule out JD because of what's going on here. Your local dealer is the most important. My dealer would make it right even if JD wouldn't. All companies (not just JD) draw the line at some point it's what the dealer does after the line is drawn that's the most important. Try dealing with some of the foreign tractor manufactures.

I guarantee had this happened to me and JD said it's not their fault, my dealer would have found me a hitch that worked for no charge or given me spacers at no charge. You local dealer is the most important piece of the equation so if your local JD dealer is the best dealer in the area then I'd still go JD. Shop dealer before color (at least on the good tractor brands). That's pretty much our moto.

JD's are great tractors don't let something like this scare you away just yet.

·
Registered
838 Posts
My local dealer does a great job of handling issues. They will stand behind their stuff and make sure the customer is happy. Granted they have their enemys as well but I have not had any problems getting the parts or service that I needed. I hope you get your issues worked out with using the spacers and again nice looking tractor.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
They are right DONOT let this post scare any one away from buying a john deere product this is a growing pain for them the first of the hydro bigger tractors and I'm confident jd will get it right and if not my jd dealer will make every attempt to make it right. Your local dealer is your best defence to fight company battles. A good way to do bussiness is keeping it local if you don't you will not have a local dealer. Ok with that said lets get back to bussiness .My jd salesman just droped off the spacers they tryed them on a simular tractor at the shop and fit perfect here is some pic's I will take some more when they are on the tractor

Attachments

·
1K Posts and climbing
1,664 Posts
They are right DONOT let this post scare any one away from buying a john deere product this is a growing pain for them the first of the hydro bigger tractors and I'm confident jd will get it right and if not my jd dealer will make every attempt to make it right. Your local dealer is your best defence to fight company battles. A good way to do bussiness is keeping it local if you don't you will not have a local dealer. Ok with that said lets get back to bussiness .My jd salesman just droped off the spacers they tryed them on a simular tractor at the shop and fit perfect here is some pic's I will take some more when they are on the tractor

Exactly!! The local dealer is the key, so please keep supporting them, I do. Whether is just filters, I support them as much as I can.

Are those Unverferth spacers? How many inches??

·
Registered
838 Posts
Seeing how they tried it out on another tractor did you get them for a used price? :sidelaugh No seriously at least they tried them out so they knew they would fit before giving them to you. But I am really surprised they didn't offer to put them on your tractor. Be careful removing those rear tires and good luck.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
They did offer to come and get the tractor and I told them I could put them on no problem . I've done this several times even with them loaded now thats a job and a half no these are not unverferth thay are made by a local machine shop that the dealer knows and looks like a very good job .Unverferth wanted $800.00 and the dealer thought that was outrages. the dealer got these and would not take any money for right now they just wanted to see how it went they have sold a few of these and are trying to deal with it. So far only a few have the r4 tires the ag tires do not have a problem . Any how S-A-WEET :bananapow I'm liken what I see with the 3 " spacers life is good again and I'm seeing and bleeding green again here is the pic's

Attachments

·
Just passing through
8,419 Posts
Make sure you check and keep those bolts tight...;)

·
Retired and Busy!
10,175 Posts
mean john green

Are you sure that is still not going to drag? It looks awful close! :sidelaugh Just messing' with ya. I'm glad to hear that your dealer has tried to rectify the situation for you. Thanks for the pics and good luck; they look good on there. :fing32:

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
You can't beat a good dealer and glad your having better luck. slkpk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Glad it worked out. Unverferth sure is proud of their stuff, aren't they??
Also glad the dealer worked it our for you. From my perspective, that is good to see and I'm glad to know the issue in advance. I have to say though that this is not the sort of issue that a dealer should have to resolve. Perhaps they won't and will be reimbursed by JD and you wont ever know.

Regardless, it does give me pause about the model at least if not the manufacturer. Yeah Paul, R4s are in my future for a variety of reasons. Seems JD should've spent a bit of time thinking through this one as they have already dealt with the same problem on at least one other model (the 2520).

I'm sure you aren't the first to try to use the 3pt with R4s on a 3032e.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have 220 hrs on 3032e & you would need spacers to run chains & the R4's that come with em. It is tight as it is w/ 1"1/2 to tire with most implements with very tight stay chain. I really like what the spacers did for poster. I am thinking if chains are supposed to fit 3032e w/ R4 then JD needs to fix the problem via free spacers to all 3032-38 owners. No way chains are going to fit a 3032e-38 w/ R4's without spacers. They are great tractors though as I have put it through the test for hard work. It would have snapped in half allready if it was going to......
Joe

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
good luck trying to get spacers thru john deere I'm going to try but the deal is who can wait. I did find a deal thru national tire and wheel .com about $300 a set for 3" there the cheapest mine were made by a local machine shop I'm shure for a little less as I have been talking to the dealer on all that I have found . Since I put this post on here and a few other forums you can not belive the out come I hope everyone else is getting a hold of jd like I am and not give up.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have 220 hrs on 3032e & you would need spacers to run chains & the R4's that come with em. It is tight as it is w/ 1"1/2 to tire with most implements with very tight stay chain. I really like what the spacers did for poster. I am thinking if chains are supposed to fit 3032e w/ R4 then JD needs to fix the problem via free spacers to all 3032-38 owners. No way chains are going to fit a 3032e-38 w/ R4's without spacers. They are great tractors though as I have put it through the test for hard work. It would have snapped in half allready if it was going to......
Joe
Good point. For my sake I won't need chain in S. Texas. I do enjoy reading about all the snow removal efforts the folks in the great white north, eh.

I soooooo don't miss that stuff.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
i'm going to find out about the spacers for other people I don't know if this was a one time deal or they would like to go into mass production with all the messages I've got sounds like a full time job for them. I will let all know in the forum as well as getting back in messaging. Boy john deere is going to hate me but the net. is a wonderfull thing to use as a tool (or a weapon). keep the post going so more people will find out ,togeather we make a differance:snowing: :Tractor2:

41 - 60 of 67 Posts