My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
A semi-retired senior cit
2,132 Posts
Thanks Wally 2G I know they looked different, I`m just a little slower, then you.

I know nothing about big farm tractors but looking at the picture in your post #5 the bars look nothing like the ones on the tractor at the dealership in post number #16. Yours are straight while the other have a extra bend just after the lifting bars? I maybe wrong but there not the same bars. The bend is what will give you your clearance, like someone else pointed out, Ask your dealer to bring you out those bars to try on your tractor. Better then spending $800.00 on spacers if they fit and hook up to all your attachments without any clearance problems.

·
Just passing through
8,419 Posts
Paul I read the manual and fallowed it to the letter for adjustment if you notice in all the pictures the tractors have ag tires . I'm begining to think like KHODGES said that john deere did not consider the tires big differance 11.2-24 vrs.15.00-19.5 . yesterday a rep from the dealer (a neighbor) who sold me the tractor took pictures and is going to try to do something with john deere. I have several john deere products around the farm here so i think if they can they will work with me . this tractor is just a around the house thing .If i was depending on it to put the food on the table i would have been very ticked . I will continue to do that john deere green thing .I love all my tractors DEERELY HA hA this one with the hydro is sweet and i really can't say any thing bad about it but the 3 pt hitch minor I hope.
Well, all new models have "teething problems"...just as long as someone else(like JD) pays for it...;)

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
no deal the bar will still hit the tire if i put the arms in the right hole and do not have enough adjusment on the buckles to tighten up but it shure sounded good on paper and I was hoping for a quick fix the dealer is going to bring home the spacers tonight I'll see how that goes thanks for the try I see you have a large green family too.
Then I wonder if the 3320 arms will fit, I bet they might and they have tons of clearance. That is strange you want switch the buckles, I know I can on my various tractors to increase lift height but I do not have a 3032, used one on a site one day that was mint and had been traded in but I opted for the 3320 and I honestly forget why now.

Yes, I have quite a collection of tractors, excavators and I think just about every attachment Deere sells:) Broke??? Heck I guess so, I feel like I could start a dealership:)

Anyhow the Wheel spacers will probably fix the issue, shame in a way you have to stick those tires out even further as the 3000 series in my experience is a very stable tractor.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Maybe it was just the camera angle, but in the pictures from the original poster those rear tires look awfully wide for that tractor. I'd look at that for part of the problem.

What is shown on the John Deere website pictures of that model?

·
Registered
718 Posts
Not sure if anyone has pointed this out yet but just in case they didn't. The below items circled in red are oriented wrong. They should run parallel to the bars (See Paul Christenson's picture). This will move the sway link in by about 1/2" and will also keep you from snapping them off. Sorry if someone already pointed this out.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
you are right - but by doing that, it would allow more sway inwards for each arm... but as you can tell, the arms are already "in" more than is desired (see where the arms attach to the blower), just to prevent tire rub... so why allow further inwards movement?... if anything, the OP wants to be able to swing them out further - without interfering with the tire....

now once the interference issue is resolved, then of-course... reorient them to the proper way

·
Registered
718 Posts
you are right - but by doing that, it would allow more sway inwards for each arm... but as you can tell, the arms are already "in" more than is desired (see where the arms attach to the blower), just to prevent tire rub... so why allow further inwards movement?... if anything, the OP wants to be able to swing them out further - without interfering with the tire....

now once the interference issue is resolved, then of-course... reorient them to the proper way
Actually, I need to clarify. By moving those in, it allows the sway link to move inwards toward the bar which moves the sway link 1/2" on each side further in from the tire which would should allow him to swing the arms out 1/2" further on each side. Kind of hard to explain but I played with it on my 2305 and some wood to simulate tires. I mean, sure, I can't tell from the picture if that would actually help him but it should get him a little extra spread on the arms.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a new 3038, and have noticed the same problem, I just tightened the sway links up almost all of the way on mine to eliminate as much side to side movement as possible and semi fixed the problem. Mine also has the optional R-4 tires, please let me know what Deere comes up with as a solution, as the dealer I bought from is a good friend, maybe I can get the same fix for mine.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Hi I accully turned the buckles because the end of the loop attached to the adjuster was hitting the chain very good observation you guys are giving this a very good looking over I'm impressed . The dealer rep e-mailed me today and said the spacers should be done tomorrow from a local machine shop. he said john deere had told him there is not a problem if i had there brand of blower ( made by frontier ) I would not have this problem. So I guess there scraper box and rake (jd) that i cant even hook up because the pins are mounted on the outside and not able to be turned facing in like the blower on the pic's do not count. It looks like a long haul with a solution from jd The spacers are going to cost me around $350.00 and for now I think that's what I will have to do to fix this and if jd will not do what is right it maybe the last jd in the family. we have 10 jd tractors and 4 fords it used to be the other way around. This is the first time any was bought from this dealer. my neighbor works for them and can drop off stuff as i need it witch is pretty handy . I'll just have to keep everyone informed as the game plays on. keep diggin everybody if somebody has a inside contact at jd it mite help.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
O I forgot to mention another reason i need the spacers is for chain clearance witch all jd tractors are designed to run at least the ones till now Ha ha I think

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
It's probably too late now, but I wonder if a different JD dealer would have been more helpful to you.

·
Registered
838 Posts
As stated by others your arms are straight. I know we aren't compairing apples to apples but, I noticed on my 790 I have the bent arms.

This is the tire size I have on the back.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
the dealer sent pic's to jd seems like they would have caught the wrong arms on it . I'm going to look at some other 3032 's as they come in to shops their far and few between right now being new to the line my brouther in law has a 3005 that hooks up to every thing just fine he has the ag tires . I have to belive it's the r4 tires that jd did not research enough. This tractor was ordered in so I didn't get to see how close the tires were till it was deliverd and did not notice a problem till I tryed to put my back blade on.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
if this is a new tractor - ordered in for you - tires and all - by JD..... I would go to the dealer with the JD scraper blade that you say does not fit.

Park the tractor and scraper by their front-entrance, and tell them to call you when it's working fine. Tell them that in the mean-time, you're off to a kubota (or any other brand you feel like referencing) dealer - to check out their CUTs, and maybe take one or two out for a quick spin on the parking lot..... you know... to check out the "ergonomics" and "the placement of controls".... see if your JD dealer gets your point....

I would not spend a single $ on those spacers, based on what you told us so far....

·
1K Posts and climbing
1,664 Posts
if this is a new tractor - ordered in for you - tires and all - by JD..... I would go to the dealer with the JD scraper blade that you say does not fit.

Park the tractor and scraper by their front-entrance, and tell them to call you when it's working fine. Tell them that in the mean-time, you're off to a kubota (or any other brand you feel like referencing) dealer - to check out their CUTs, and maybe take one or two out for a quick spin on the parking lot..... you know... to check out the "ergonomics" and "the placement of controls".... see if your JD dealer gets your point....

I would not spend a single $ on those spacers, based on what you told us so far....
I completely agree. I say go for it!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
boy now thats tempting Wally 2g but I want to give them a fair chance at doing the right thing , and my lowboy fifthwheel is loaded with rough cut lumber that I'm to lazy to unload (for now) but that could change the more fustrated I get. Max 1971 has a 3038 with the same problem and I'll bet everyone else that has one of the new hydo r4 tire tractors

·
New Guy
18 Posts
Hi, don't let up on them. I had to fight to no end to get the new style arms for my 2520 under warranty. John Deere turned their heads and the dealer wanted me to pay half when the tractor was brand new just ordered from Deere. I flat out refused. I felt I bought a new machine , it should work properly. I don't have much respect for my dealer anymore or John Deere for not standing behind their customers and products.
Hope it works out in your favor.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
When the 2520 came out there were clearance issues that led to a redesigned (bent differently) lower arm assy. I wonder if this is needed for the 3032?
As soon as I saw the pics that was my first thought.

·
Transplanted Buckeye
56 Posts
Don't let them walk all over you or you will be their door mat for as long as you do business with them.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts