My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what the hay i bought a new 3032 with the r4 tires and there is not enough room to hook up attachments with out the three point arms hitting the tires called local dealer came looked at it yup thats a problem all right get in touch with jd on line there answer , this issue should be handled by your local dealer and so on and so on . I looked for spacers for the rear wheels unverferth wants $800.00 4"steel set national tire and wheel $400.00 3" alluminum local machine shop $350.00 3" set . I really do not think a new $18,000 dollar tractor should need any thing to hook on to cat 1 attachments .I put a set of chains on rear tires that add very little to the crearance deal as the arms were hitting before the chains . for now i hook the arms using hitch pins inside the regular arm slots leaving me just enough room not to hit.Is any one else having this problem:

·
Registered
643 Posts
I agree with you - that's a John Deere problem. Implements must fit their tractors. Engineering problem. Stay on their case!!

·
9K+ Poster
12,151 Posts
what the hay i bought a new 3032 with the r4 tires and there is not enough room to hook up attachments with out the three point arms hitting the tires called local dealer came looked at it yup thats a problem all right get in touch with jd on line there answer , this issue should be handled by your local dealer and so on and so on . I looked for spacers for the rear wheels unverferth wants $800.00 4"steel set national tire and wheel $400.00 3" alluminum local machine shop $350.00 3" set . I really do not think a new $18,000 dollar tractor should need any thing to hook on to cat 1 attachments .I put a set of chains on rear tires that add very little to the crearance deal as the arms were hitting before the chains . for now i hook the arms using hitch pins inside the regular arm slots leaving me just enough room not to hit.Is any one else having this problem:
Welcome to the forum! :Welcome1: Is it possible the rear rims aren't turned out to the widest position?

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Any chance you could post a picture? I have a 3320 and I wonder if in your case the wrong arms were put on the tractor as you should not need spacers, you can flip the rims so that the valve stems are in which will give you quite a bit more room also.

·
Registered
443 Posts
You sound pretty firm about the rims not being reversible but they sure look like they can be turned. Why are sure they cannot?

If Deere is billing the hitch on this model as SAE Cat "I" then it has to be able to hook to that standard of implement. Read the fine print in a sales brochure, looking for things like "when properly equipped" or similar phrases to get them off the hook. Check footnotes on the chart of tire and wheel sizes to be sure there is no way out there either.

If you don't find anything that gives Deere an out, have a firm talk with your dealer and ask the big "WHY doesn't mine fit as it is supposed to?"

Did you buy tractor and blower as a package? If so, did they deliver it with the lift arms as pictured? If so they are wide open for legal problems if something breaks.

I guess I've been lucky in my dealings with Deere dealers, the ones around here would work with you to get that issue resolved.

·
Registered
178 Posts
can u modifie the blower weld a 3x3 inch angle straight down with a hole for pin,easyer and cheaper then weel ext.

·
9K+ Poster
12,151 Posts
When the 2520 came out there were clearance issues that led to a redesigned (bent differently) lower arm assy. I wonder if this is needed for the 3032?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sal the blower yes could be fixed easy but my back blade, scraper box, york rake and all the other attachments will not even fit with the standard 26" cat 1 space , I went ahead and orderd the 3" spacers for now but I'm not done with jd , I looked in the book and the wheels are not reversable they do state a standard cat 1 three point hitch but when I added the $200.00 tire option to the r4 's nothing stated this would be a problem and john Deere I think is going to give me a hair ball . I can only hope this forum opens some eyes not to make the same mistake . PS the blower was delivered seperate but bought at the same time it was not in stock .

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
all they need to do is bend the arms differently. Same thing is available in the X7xx series 3PH.

the arms go straight (close together), and then further out, they bend out (to clear the wheels), and to end up wide enough for standard 3PH width.

The arms in your picture go out diagonally..

·
AKA Moses Lawnagan
4,635 Posts
Here's what Wally2q is talking about. The GT's and SCUT's have a normally narrower wheelbase than your larger tractor, so using Cat 1 implements is a problem and wouldn't work at all with straight lift arms. I'm guessing those wider tires you optioned weren't considered by the JD engineers. I wouldn't condemn JD just yet, but they really SHOULD be trying to work something out for you. If they can't/won't, maybe taking the lift arms to a metalshop that can heat and bend them, then re-temper them, would be a solution for you. This is what the 3-pt arms look like on my X748, to clear the rear tires and still allow enough spread for Cat 1 implements:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I'm guessing those wider tires you optioned weren't considered by the JD engineers.
I am thinking the same thing, my 3320 from what I recall is the same setup but I know we have lots of clearance to run all of our attachments granted they are IMatch but that should not matter and it did run a Bearcat chipper last year without the IMatch and I don't recall any issues.

Mine is located in a subdivision with an employee about 30 min from here, tried to contact him today for some images but he is away.

I suspect the optioned tires were not considered, we don't run chains on mine as I find it has lots of traction without them.

·
Just passing through
8,419 Posts
Make sure these are NOT too tight...;)

Adjusting Implement Side-to-Side Sway

NOTE: Check implement operator’s manual procedure for adjusting sway links. When sway links have been properly adjusted, side sway of implement is controlled by position of links. A small amount of sway, 13 - 25mm (1/2 - 1 in.), is needed for many implements.

MX40858

Use left and right sway links (A) to adjust 3-point hitch implement side-to-side sway:

1. Park machine safely. (See Parking Safely in the SAFETY section.)

2. Loosen locknut (B).

3. Rotate sway link adjusting rod (C) to adjust 3-point hitch implement side-to-side sway.

4. Tighten locknut (B).

http://manuals.deere.com/cceomview/OMLVU20279_L8/Output/Index.html?tM=HO

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Paul I read the manual and fallowed it to the letter for adjustment if you notice in all the pictures the tractors have ag tires . I'm begining to think like KHODGES said that john deere did not consider the tires big differance 11.2-24 vrs.15.00-19.5 . yesterday a rep from the dealer (a neighbor) who sold me the tractor took pictures and is going to try to do something with john deere. I have several john deere products around the farm here so i think if they can they will work with me . this tractor is just a around the house thing .If i was depending on it to put the food on the table i would have been very ticked . I will continue to do that john deere green thing .I love all my tractors DEERELY HA hA this one with the hydro is sweet and i really can't say any thing bad about it but the 3 pt hitch minor I hope.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Not that this will help but I was at Deere this morning to bet a bulb, here is a couple of images of a 3032SE and 3320 with stock R4's and Turf's, they were using the one with turf's to move some of their trailers around but as you can see there is a lot of clearance. I guess with the bigger tires the sales guy should have known you would need wheel spacers to go with it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Just had an idea I bet will work after looking at your images again, switch the sway pins with the lift arm holes, I thought your image looked different, we keep the sway buckles in the first hole on most of not all of the tractors as we are generally looking for the height, same on the 2520 I have home at the moment. I believe this will cure your issue.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
no deal the bar will still hit the tire if i put the arms in the right hole and do not have enough adjusment on the buckles to tighten up but it shure sounded good on paper and I was hoping for a quick fix the dealer is going to bring home the spacers tonight I'll see how that goes thanks for the try I see you have a large green family too.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
You'll notice one of the pictures that Picframer posted, that the arms are bent (the tractor with the turfs). The tractor with the R4's shows the same straight arms that the OP posted.

Perhaps the answer is simply to swap - put the other tractor arms that picframer showed onto the tractor - if everything else fits OK (lift arms, sway buckles etc)

those arms can't be that expensive, and the Dealer should be able to get JD to pay for it, considering the circumstances.

cheers!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts