My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
So little time.....
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any word on Tecumseh parts?

Not to get anyone's hopes up, but I had heard third hand recently that some company was going to be manufacturing Tecumseh parts and/or bring the brand back? Did anyone else hear this? I've been googling around, but can't find any mention of it. There was one message board thread about when they first went under, but I thought I saw something more recent.

·
-
1,829 Posts
I've heard that too. Think I saw something on here but can't remember.

I have a HH100 so it'd be great if parts were available at some point if I need them.

·
Banned
2,370 Posts
PigBear; you can get alot from Stens/Rotary and Prime Line (afrtermarket)
and if your carb is a Walbro go thru THEM with the numbers from the carb; DON'T GO THRU TEC;
I was just looking for a kit yesterday for an LME 34; Tec still shows it as "good" for $51; no thanks; I found it several places online direct from Walbro (not repacked in Tec trim) for $20-25; I took that number back to the local guy and had him look it up as a walbro part and he can get that next day for $20. BIG difference for the same **** carb kit.
Ive seen the HH's with either a "tecumseh built" or a "Walbro built" carb.

·
Jack of All Trades
1,337 Posts
Don't forget Oregon Chain for Tec parts, especially carbs. They have their own line of replacement Tec carbs, just keep in mind that to rebuild one, you have to order the correct Oregon kit as the original Tec kit may not fit.

·
-
1,829 Posts
Good to know there's a few places to go still.

I have a Walbro LME-26. I was able to find parts online to rebuild it, including the illusive main service jet. So the 112 is running great now.

I know what you mean about prices though - I priced the rebuild kit via the John Deere dealer and it was rather expensive.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
PigBear; you can get alot from Stens/Rotary and Prime Line (afrtermarket)
and if your carb is a Walbro go thru THEM with the numbers from the carb; DON'T GO THRU TEC;
I was just looking for a kit yesterday for an LME 34; Tec still shows it as "good" for $51; no thanks; I found it several places online direct from Walbro (not repacked in Tec trim) for $20-25; I took that number back to the local guy and had him look it up as a walbro part and he can get that next day for $20. BIG difference for the same **** carb kit.
Ive seen the HH's with either a "tecumseh built" or a "Walbro built" carb.
I need 2 re-build kits for a '68 Massey 12, and a 68 Sears Super 12. Both have Tecumseh engines, with Walbro LME carburetors on them. Have not found one re-build kit on-line, except for bits and pieces from fleabay sellers.

Do you have a link for the sites that you mentioned above? Thanks

·
Old Iron 1%er
873 Posts
I've heard a few months ago it was China... eh... I'll pass on them if they buy Tecumseh.

·
-
1,829 Posts
I need 2 re-build kits for a '68 Massey 12, and a 68 Sears Super 12. Both have Tecumseh engines, with Walbro LME carburetors on them. Have not found one re-build kit on-line, except for bits and pieces from fleabay sellers.

Do you have a link for the sites that you mentioned above? Thanks
Got parts/rebuild kit from http://www.mowers4u.com/.

John Deere had the rebuild kit for the LME but it was more expensive than aftermarket.

Also found a bunch of them on eBay, which Mowers4U also sells on.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Hoffmans auto parts in Butler, Pa is a tecumseh dealer. I was in there today and they told me someone was making tecumseh parts again. He didn't tell me(and I didn't ask) what company/country the parts were from. But he did mention that so far, they are very slow shipping. But, he could get about any part I could need for the OH140 in my 78 sears if I didn't mind waiting.

·
Jack of All Trades
1,337 Posts
This company did. LCT. They make the powerhouse engines for northern tool. The new snow king engines will prob be made in china.

http://www.lctusa.com/page.cfm?sp=news&n=8
I actually spoke with the LCT rep today and they have partnered with Central Warehouse Distributors (who currently has the rights to Tecumseh) to build engines together under both names. LTC did mention their snow thrower engines, but did not reference them as "Snow Kings" which lead me to believe they will be two separate brand and design lines. I will ask where they are made next time I talk to them.

·
Registered
933 Posts
the LTC web site says the new ariens brand snow blowers have the chinese made engines

·
Jack of All Trades
1,337 Posts
From their press release:

Certified Parts Corporation Signs Agreement for Manufacture of Air-
Cooled Engines
Plans to Introduce Snow King and Complete Engine Lineup
Janesville, WI (September 1, 2010) – Certified Parts Corporation (CPC) of Janesville, WI has
announced it has entered into an agreement with LCT, (Liquid Combustion Technology) of
Travelers Rest, SC to jointly manufacture air-cooled engines for the outdoor power equipment
market.
The agreement announced today will provide CPC with engineering, manufacturing, and sales
capabilities allowing it to reintroduce the Snow King line of snow thrower engines and other
engines formally manufactured and sold by TecumsehPower. The engines will be exclusively
represented by LCT, and sold under the Snow King, Lauson and LCT brands and serviced
exclusively by CPC and the existing TecumsehPower dealer/distributor network. Traditionally,
the Snow King line of engines has powered more snow throwers than all other brands
combined. Financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
LCT’s current horizontal 4-stroke gasoline engine product offering will be extended with this
agreement and will also allow CPC and LCT to provide single cylinder and V-twin vertical
engines to outdoor power equipment manufacturers. According to Larry Zeman, VP of Winter
Engine Products for LCT, “This establishes LCT as an engine manufacturer of choice as it
continues to engineer a new generation of power."
LCT only manufactures utility engines with sales and distribution operations throughout the
USA, Canada, China and Europe. For more information please contact LCT at 1-877-274-2214
(Press 2) regarding the purchase of a wide range of Snow King, Lauson and LCT engine
models. Additional information on LCT can be found at their website: www.LCTUSA.com.
Certified Parts Corporation purchased certain assets of TecumsehPower Company in 2009, and
provides production engines and parts for TecumsehPower (Lauson) engines. In 2010, CPC
purchased the assets of Hoffco/Comet and has restarted production in their Wisconsin facilities.
CPC is also a large supplier of vintage parts for the recreational vehicle industry. More
information regarding CPC can be found at www.CertifiedPartsCorp.com or by calling (608)-
752-9441 ext 10.

Stens, which is LCT's current distributor, is ending their partnership with LTC by mutual agreement on 12-31-10. Stens is owned by Ariens, so it will be interesting to see if they continue using the LCT/Tecumseh line of engines in the future.

·
A semi-retired senior cit
2,132 Posts
This is a link to the Oregon Equipment parts page, wonder where all the companies that build snow blower get there Tecumseh motors from or were they just what was left stock piled some where. All the snow blower I ever owned had a Tecumseh on them always got good service out of the motor, not a big Briggs fan especially of the Intek series.

http://www.oregonchain.com/oep/

1 - 18 of 18 Posts