My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My bosses new tractor just had it'd first oil change. Kinda got drug out! The shop man removed the drain plug from the left side of the engine. While standing at the work bench; he dropped the plug and heard it bounce a couple of times etc.After several hours of looking by him and sometime by me and also using a 250lb retrieving magnet in some loose hay; we gave up.
NH was to overnight a plug and have it at our local dealer at 8:00 am yesterday morning. The parts guy didn't have a plug to send so he over nighted the 18mm allen wrench used to remove it.:00000060: A computer search found one a whopping 136 miles away.:fing20: I hop in the truck and drive 2 hrs to get it and flog it all the way back so they can get back to mowing hay. By the time i get back, a front has rolled in and rain right with it. Yesterday was wasted and they are mowing as i speak today.

Also: There are two drain plugs on this tractor. One on each side. The shop man pulled the plug from the right side as well and drained another quart of oil out of the pan.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts