My Tractor Forum banner

New Holland LX665 turbo skidsteer issues

10K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  matt167 
#1 ·
Working on a NH LX665 turbo skid steer. the onboard computer throws code F04 on pre start, once cleared it will start and run great. The hydraulics don't seem to have optimal pressure sometimes. Bucket tilt is fine but bucket lift is sometimes slow and lacking power, but other times it works great. I know the onboard computer has a bunch of gizmo's and sensors. The computer shows 2,400 hours which seems very low

Where do I start? I've read the F0 is hydraulic pressure low, with error repeat 4 times for F04 but also that it could be glow plug code and not related to hydraulic pressure. It does start decent when cold but glow plugs might not actually be working. Not sure. It does chug to start a little

#7 ·
Probably found the issue.. The charge pump which we initially suspected was the cause is leaking very badly from the inlet. It was actually less than hand tight. Have not run it yet as we blew the machine partially apart to pressure wash it completely / touch up paint.

It was better with just fluid change, but still had the issue. If the charge pump were to be in need of service, is it better to replace or is rebuilding an ok option?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.