My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if anyone is familiar with the GT18H tractors made by Gilson? Was there also a Ford GT18H? Are there other models of Ford/New Holland tractor attachments that will fit the GT18H?

I know the drive train is good as my Snapper 1650 is almost identical, but am concerned that the GT18H was a one-off model.

Thanks

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yes, the ford version is an LGT 18H. I have a 48" deck, tiller,snowplow, and a 3pt hitch for mine. It's a pretty tough tractor. I guess the jacobson built ones were better, but I don't know much about them. There were also other similar models,I think in 14,16,&17hp

·
Registered
433 Posts
I have a Ford LGT14H, it uses the same tractor frame, but only has a 14HP single cylinder engine. The thing is built like a tank. If you need parts, you can just go to the local New Holland dealer

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The tractor sold before I got a chance to look at it. Thx for the replies.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 1991 Lawn-Boy GT18H I bought new which was the same as the Ford built by Gilson. Has a Kohler Magnum horizontal shaft engine with hydro transmission and 2 speed rear end. This has been a real work horse for me over the years, cutting grass, blowing snow, ripping soil and hauling/towing ridiculous amounts of weight when we had the hobby farm.I need an electric pto clutch for it. I also have a spare hydro trans and rear end unit for it as well as a bunch of other things from a Ford LGT18H. Anyone got a clutch?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts