My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I recently purchased a used Ford 1215 with a New Holland 914 A belly mower. I took off pulley covers to do some cleaning and TLC and noticed that on the right side there is an extra small pulley at the edge and the right blade axle has a second not used pulley on top of the main belt pulley. I forgot to take a picture of the pulleys with the cover off, but attached is a picture that shows where the extra pulley is. Anyone know what it is used for?

Thanks in advance!

James

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, newbie question... Did I post this in the correct forum or should I have posted it in the "SCUT Implements and Accessories" vs. the New Holland section?

·
Super Moderator
43,892 Posts
Yes you got it in the correct forum. Give it some time and someone should answer. I'm not a SCUT guy but I would suspect there is maybe some kind of vacuuming attachment that mounts to the deck. Those double pulleys on the exhaust side of the deck are used for that purpose, there could be other reasons for it though. You will need to know the model of your mower then try the NH parts site: https://partstore.agriculture.newholland.com/us/parts-search.html#epc::model_find

·
10,825 Posts
Bagger attachment parts for the 914a. It is belt driven to a right angle gearbox on the fan. Very uncommon on a SCUT, also used on the early CM rear steer mowers. Later models went to a rear pto powered bagger, the 9CG.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I recently purchased a used Ford 1215 with a New Holland 914 A belly mower. I took off pulley covers to do some cleaning and TLC and noticed that on the right side there is an extra small pulley at the edge and the right blade axle has a second not used pulley on top of the main belt pulley. I forgot to take a picture of the pulleys with the cover off, but attached is a picture that shows where the extra pulley is. Anyone know what it is used for?

Thanks in advance!

James
Can you give me

1 - 7 of 7 Posts