My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
USN
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In preparation for the driveway drag, I needed a way to hitch it up to the rear end. The factory hitch is a three pin setup that would not work for me.

I found a piece of 3"x2"x.25" wall tube and cut it to length to fit inside the factory "channel", minus a bit to allow for clearance for the ends. Drilled it for two clevis pins. Cut two pieces of 3"x 1/4" flat bar and welded to the ends with another tube 2"x2"x.120 wall for a spacer and added strength. I bored 3/4" holes for a pivot point and added a receiver tube so I could use a ball mount to move my trailer around.

This should work for an anchor/pivot for the driveway drag/scraper and other implements that I have in mind. Hopefully, my hydraulics will raise and lower it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,966 Posts
Nice fabrication!!!!! I am still learing to weld, and have to contract some welding projects out.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Very nice work and let us know how it works out for you. slkpk

·
Tractor nut, general nut
461 Posts
Nice fab work, looks very stout!:trink40:

·
Premium Member
6,115 Posts
I like the receiver hitch Idea.:thThumbsU We just have a pin style hitch right now.

Attachments

·
Registered
317 Posts
In preparation for the driveway drag, I needed a way to hitch it up to the rear end. The factory hitch is a three pin setup that would not work for me.

I found a piece of 3"x2"x.25" wall tube and cut it to length to fit inside the factory "channel", minus a bit to allow for clearance for the ends. Drilled it for two clevis pins. Cut two pieces of 3"x 1/4" flat bar and welded to the ends with another tube 2"x2"x.120 wall for a spacer and added strength. I bored 3/4" holes for a pivot point and added a receiver tube so I could use a ball mount to move my trailer around.

This should work for an anchor/pivot for the driveway drag/scraper and other implements that I have in mind. Hopefully, my hydraulics will raise and lower it.
Hey Jack, love your work but most of all them welds are pretty :fing32:

·
USN
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Jack, love your work but most of all them welds are pretty :fing32:
Thanks. I've been a metalsmith all of my working life (retired now), but these are not that good. I've done better. I get in a hurry and don't bother to set up the welder properly. Not especially pretty, but they are strong. I try to do better when I'm working for someone other than myself.

·
USN
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It just occurred to me....that receiver tube can be used for other things. My first thought, when I added it to the hitch, was so that I could move my trailers around, but if you've ever noticed all the neat attachments available for car and PU truck receivers the tube becomes an attachment point for ???.

I can see a bracket to hold weights. A box to carry things in, or put gravel in for weight. A hook for towing. Other????

·
kccraftswoman
682 Posts
Hello Jack,:howdy: maybe a winch mounting for lifting rear mounted accesories...or pulling things?. Tootles :050::050::bellyemot:bellyemot:050::050:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts