My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am new to this forum, but not new to small engines. I have been working on small engines, 2 and 4 stroke, for nearly 40 years. My father taught vocational agriculture to hs students during the day (this included small engine repair) and a small engine repair night course to adults for 30 years and he's where I caught the fever and got my start. He is now 87 and still answering my occasional repair question. I have just acquired a Power King 1614 and am getting ready to do an engine overhaul. I am wondering where some of you people buy your Kohler parts (K321s-60389) to get the best deal on rings, gasket sets, seals, carb kits, points, etc. I am also wondering how to tell if I have the new or old style piston and rings before I tear into the engine so I can have the parts already on hand. The serial number of the engine is 12137730 (1982, I think).

Thanks and this sure looks like an interesting site.

·
10K and Climbin!
12,344 Posts
:Welcome1: tjhummer:thThumbsU

Sounds like you strolled into the right place! :MTF_wel2:

Lots of opinions on your questions on Kohler parts around but if I had the $$ I'd splurge for the genuine articles. I have bought the rebuild kits off EB also and had good results too so it's up to you and your wallet or needs to decide. I'm sure other folks will chime in as well.. :trink39:

Enjoy MTF!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts