My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New and with a new-used LX188 and running strong 160....love those Kawi's!:greendr: :thThumbsU

·
Premium Member
9,754 Posts
This may come as a bit of a surprise but......... :Welcome::wwp::eek:mg::wwp::sorry1::wwp::ditto::wwp:

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
Wow pic crazy here...mmmm I'm ok with it tho..
Don't worry if you can't come up with pics, it's not necessary to be a participant here, sometimes we get a little overboard with the smilies wanting pictures :).

·
Super Moderator
17,123 Posts
Welcome to the Forum:MTF_wel:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the welcomes, may have to start a new thread??? but this is what I need answered: what type of fluid is used on my LX188? hydro or engine oil? and what is the best way to bleed the system? and most of all!!! who has a link to a owners manual!

Thanks

·
Certified Master Tinkerer
3,045 Posts
Thanks for all the welcomes, may have to start a new thread??? but this is what I need answered: what type of fluid is used on my LX188? hydro or engine oil? and what is the best way to bleed the system? and most of all!!! who has a link to a owners manual!

Thanks

The type of fluid may depend on the manufacturer of your unit. On the predecessor 100 series there were at least two different manufacturers. If you do not have the owner's manual I'd recommend checking with your local dealer. Often they do not recommend fluid change as PM though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Herd is right. The manual says the hydrostat is not serviceable. But there is also a bunch of information in it.

HYDROSTATIC TRANSMISSION OIL
—NORTH AMERICA
Use the appropriate oil viscosity based on these air
temperature ranges. Operating outside of these
recommended oil air temperature ranges may cause
premature hydrostatic transmission failure.
IMPORTANT: ONLY use a quality SAE 10W-30 or
SAE 5W-30 engine oil in this transmission.
Mixing of these two viscosity grade oils is
permitted. DO NOT use BIO–HY–GARD® in this
transmission.
The following John Deere oils are PREFERRED:
• TURF-GARD®—SAE 10W-30;
• PLUS-4®—SAE 10W-30.
• TORQ-GARD SUPREME®—SAE 5W-30.
Other oils may be used if above recommended John
Deere oils are not available, provided they meet one of
the following specifications:
• API Service Classifications SG or higher

1 - 11 of 11 Posts