My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm new to the CC realm and I'm looking for super garden tractor with front Hydro for a plow and possibly cat 0 for some other chores, I'm on the east cost and don't mind traveling, I have found one that is local with a 60" haban deck and a hydro tilt and raise plow for around 2k but it needs a little work, I think it is under 1k hours but not sure as I have not heard it run yet, the front of the hydro has a leak where the drive shaft goes in, looks like an easy fix but again I'm new to CCs, I'm replacing an old gravely g model, love that thing but the PTO went south and it's just to pricey to repair.

Any ideas as to where to find one of these beasts, or what I should pay for one???
thanks in advance!

·
Registered
458 Posts
You have to really watch those leaking seals there. It's not uncommon to find that the shaft is worn where the seal rubs on it. If the shaft is worn, a new one cost $541.12. So your only real options are to get a used one for $100 or have the old one built back up and ground down.

As for the price, all supers are kinda rare, and I would think one in decent shape would go for around $2000. Give or take a little depending on the condition and options.

AJ

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I ended up buying the one that was local it started up after some new gas and a filter replacement, everything works, just need to get the hydro shaft seal, came with a 60" Haben deck and a 54" Haben plow, now I just need to find time to mess with her!

·
Registered
695 Posts
Glad you found your super! That haban blade is a beast. The haban 60" decks are also not an easy find. I would consider both a plus with your tractor. I don't know where you are located in MD but have a good source for used cub parts in southern PA.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do need to find the front caster wheels for the deck, maybe something stronger than the stock plastic ones! I'm in northern Harford county

1 - 5 of 5 Posts