My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
OMG I got another LawnBoy
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here. I like walk behind mowers, specifically Lawn Boy. I have a freind here (don't know his handle), and he told me this was the place to be. BTW...why are all the other threads locked? I want some advise.

Nice to meet you.

·
Super Moderator
33,834 Posts
coolted, it takes about an hour or so before you can post in the other forums. This is to keep spammers from posting all over the site. You'll be OK in about another 30 minutes or so! Enjoy the site!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Hello coolted! This is Taylor, my handle on MTF is MR FIX IT. Hope you enjoy the site

·
5,866 Posts
Hi coolted and welcome to the forum! You will find so much useful information here you will wonder how you got along without it. Glad to have you aboard and enjoy your stay. Be sure to post some pictures of your mowers when you have time. We love pictures!! Bill

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
yep just as said above, you will learn so much here. A bunch of great guys here that are so helpful!!! And you will wonder what you used to do before these guys!

Now get up some pics of that Lawnboy!!!

·
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Taylor. hand drilling jets on wednesday, maybe thursday. I'll let you know how it went. Although I know a machinist, I'm gonna try it by hand. Got the bits and a pin-vise from Grainger.

·
5K Poster!!!
5,141 Posts
Hi Taylor. hand drilling jets on wednesday, maybe thursday. I'll let you know how it went. Although I know a machinist, I'm gonna try it by hand. Got the bits and a pin-vise from Grainger.
Its pretty easy, you won't need a machinist....essentially you are just boring it out ohhh soo little. Its barely a shave but should make a big difference if its surging.

·
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rats...batteries dead in the camera. pics soon. Nice people here, BTW.

·
The Sea of Green Machines
4,770 Posts
MTF member 66300. This place sure has grown!

·
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For the life of me, I can't find my paperwork for the drillbits or my Starrett micrometer to tell you what I drilled. I can tell yuo that the idle and main circuits work together, and that the low idle surging was cured, but the high idle (WOT) is very rough. I have learned a little on this project. Man, putting that carb back on is a real PIA. can't wait to do it again...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts