My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I now own a Bolens HT20 Model Number 2087. It seems as though my hydrostatic pump has quit working, Ive had this all apart and the parts are looking kinda rough. Is this tractor worth fixing and is there parts available for it? Any and all help is Appreciated in advance. Any ideas to try and get it going?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Welcome to MTF. It is definitely worth getting it going again, those are great tractors. Can you post some pictures of the hydro parts that seem worn? Many parts are still available for these tractors.

Jason

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can and will get some pics I just put it back together hoping it may work by cleaning it up real good but no luck. Its worked great for years and all of a sudden quit pumping.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Does the hydraulic lift still work? When was the last time you changed the filter?

Jason

·
Registered
704 Posts
I now own a Bolens HT20 Model Number 2087. It seems as though my hydrostatic pump has quit working, Ive had this all apart and the parts are looking kinda rough. Is this tractor worth fixing and is there parts available for it? Any and all help is Appreciated in advance. Any ideas to try and get it going?
There is currently a transmission for sale on craigslist, very reasonably priced. Search pittsburgh pa., just type in 'Bolens' for the search. I was thinking about buying it just to hold onto, but better to let someone who needs it get first dibs. The HT20 is one ofthe best tractors ever built, regardless of brands, in my opinion. I do not own one yet, but have seen people do amazing things with them. I just missed a deal on one locally that had the front end loader, tiller and deck for 2250. It lasted one day on craigslist. Keep it. You won't regret it. They just don't make 'em like that anymore.

·
5,523 Posts
Welcome.

If you cant find the parts you need I'll give her a good home.

·
Registered
194 Posts
HT 20's are great tractors, and well worth holding on to. Being that you live in Michigan and at some point don't want to repair it contact me or wilberj. Either one of us will take it off your hands.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As of now and when it quit working nothing hydraulic was working like its not pumping at all. I really do not wanna get rid of it kind of a family hand me down. Regular maintenance has always been done on it just think the hydrostatic pump is shot. thanks for all the replys.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Welcome

I can tell you those guys will be busy that day so just get ahold of me and i will take it off your hands.:hide:

·
5,523 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
welcome we will get her going pics always help

·
Bolens 1886-01
3,192 Posts
Welcome aboard, the HT guys will help you out.

·
Eleven Year Site Sponsor
2,821 Posts
Also try [email protected]. That is the address for the Duff's, Pete and Don. They are longtime Bolens guys and are wizards with the hydrostatics in the Large Frames.

·
5,523 Posts
She looks in good shape.

Wish it was one of mine.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts