My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
JD Green all the way~!
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From my thread here:
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?p=691964#post691964

More pictures of my new Boxer puppy I got Wednesday 5/20/09.

Her Name is Darby, and shes 7 weeks old.

More or less, 80% of her days are filled with sleeping.

Shes being such a good dog too. Already getting the hang of potty training, and when shes out side with me, she stays around and does not run off out of sight.

As I am typing this, she is laying on my feet, keeping them warm. She just hates to be alone, and not next to somebody. (guess that's more or less the common nature of the breed from all that I have read about them)

Anyways, thought I would share with you all.

~F~

·
Retired MTF Founder & Administrator
15,755 Posts
oh shes adorable congrats...

yeah, i bet she is mostly sleeping, and causing trouble the rest of the time...

·
JD Green all the way~!
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
shes more or less wondering around, and testing us, to see what all she can get away with.

Such as...stopping by and smelling something, giving you a look, as she puts her mouth on it...no reaction from us, she will start to slowly nibble it, before we yell NO!

Shes testing the waters when she is awake.

But for the most part, I can go out side, and she has to keep me in sight, and will follow me where ever I go. That might be nice as she gets older.

~F~

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=54088&page=5

Here is a ok shot of my Boxer, you can bet she is testing you. I will give you some advice now, if she does not like being alone, you better leave her outside in a fenced area or Crate train her when you leave her. Boxers with Seperation Anxiety will wreck a house. They will tear up doors, walls molding, dump trash, tear up carpet, Pee, Poop, tear up couches chairs ETC....

By the way.... She is so cute, makes me want another. Boxers are the clowns of the dog families.

·
JD Green all the way~!
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^cute dog you have there!

Ya, she is being kept in her kennel when we sleep, and when we are away for the day at work. She put up a fight, and would howl and wine for a good hour after we put her in there, then it changed to about 30 minutes, and now, its a bark or a wine or two, and shes done. That was last night. Getting better.

Kinda got her potty trained, she will go to the front door on her own, give you "the look" to be let out, and as soon as you do, she wastes no time, goes straight out to the grass, and goes potty. Only had her a week and one day, and shes getting VERY good at that.

Now its onto teaching her some basic commands, and trying out her leash, she hates it as of right now.

~F~

1 - 6 of 6 Posts