My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Young Bolens Collector
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a H14 today, tractor will look familiar to everyone (especially Cam-Shaft). I am going to fix up a bit and use it around the house. I love the Vanguard motor in it, very quiet running motor and has lots of power. Keep everyone updated.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Nice tractor. That is quite an engine. Where do you fit the gas tank?

·
Young Bolens Collector
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well leave the credit for the motor to Cam-Shaft, he did a wonderful job on the motor transplant. The tank is located behind the seat, I am planning to put a large frame tank on it for more capacity.

·
Bolens 1886-01
3,192 Posts
Wow that is a great looking engine transplant. I bet you will enjoy that tractor. Having a twin engine in a tube frame is great.

·
Young Bolens Collector
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow that is a great looking engine transplant. I bet you will enjoy that tractor. Having a twin engine in a tube frame is great.
I already enjoyed driving the tractor around with flat tires. I need to put another set of tires in the front though because these I do not think are the right size for the front spindles and they lose air. If they are the right size I might just tube them. I have a set of skinny ages I might put in the rear or I might put dually turfs in the back. I need to put another battery in it should be good to go. I will fix the hood bracket also and put a large frame tank on the back like you did with your 1856. Then I will probably put a PTO back into it so I can run a tiller on the back.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Just a thought, here is a under the rear pan GTX 4.9 gallon gas tank that you may be able to .Fab to that tractor

It would get it out of the way of three point activities, has the cut out for the hydro oil check. Plus the the added benefit of sensors in it that you could hook to a gas gauge in the dash.

Cons? may raise seat pan height 2 inches, have to extend hydro oil tube higher to check.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
That tractor looks familiar lol. I'm glad it went to a good home.. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
Young Bolens Collector
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That tractor looks familiar lol. I'm glad it went to a good home.. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Sent from the MTF Free App
You need to add the HT20 to your signature!

·
Young Bolens Collector
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just a thought, here is a under the rear pan GTX 4.9 gallon gas tank that you may be able to .Fab to that tractor

It would get it out of the way of three point activities, has the cut out for the hydro oil check. Plus the the added benefit of sensors in it that you could hook to a gas gauge in the dash.

Cons? may raise seat pan height 2 inches, have to extend hydro oil tube higher to check.
The tube frames do not have a dipstick tube to check hydro fluid under seat, it is actually in the rear, kind of like the 1886 with the Eaton 12. I will keep that in mind, this morning I put a different set of tires on the front. Now I am going to fix the hood hinge on it. Then this week I will take the seatpan off and maybe get the hydraulic lift going and I want to see how hard it will be to convert it so it has a screw on filter. I just thought of the large frame tank in the rear because I have 3 of them laying around.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
If you are planning to till or do other ground-engaging work, IME skinny agricultural rib tires would be better than dual turfs. The dual turf tires might be better for a golf course where you want a PSI footprint so low you don't bend a blade of grass.

·
Young Bolens Collector
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a pair of skinny agg tires actually. Thanks for the tip! I will put those on then. I was debating what I was going to put on there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts