My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my name is Jerod, and I just bought a used Cub 2160 tractor, so I thought it would make sense to get the scoop on it and learn how to work on it. Just a little about me, I am 35 years old dude, I am a Machinist / Tool and Die maker by day and a rock musician by night (I play bass) I love hockey and football, big Buffalo Sabres fan but my football team is the Chicago Bears, go figure... I like building, fixing, rebuilding stuff, just never have enough time to do all the stuff I want, we probably all suffer from that! Well, I just wanna say I am happy to be on the forum, I hope I can contribute something as well as learn.

Thanks,
Jerod

·
Super Moderator
17,126 Posts
Welcome to the forum:MTF_wel: The 2160 was made from 1994 till 1997
You can still get many attachments for such as a 42inch front Blade, 42inch snow thrower Plus it will take a electirc lift sleeve hitch and a 30inch Hydrulic tiller from the Current 2500 series tractors It basily the same as the current 2500 series minus the cast Iron transmission housing Your housing is aluminum and with a 6speed Gear.:thThumbsU

·
1,124 Posts
First thing, do a search here for either 2130, 2140 or 2160 and/or auto-gear, autogear, or ags. This series had the auto-gear transmission - a 6 speed gear drive with foot control. I would go to the Cub Cadet home page and get all the manuals available for your tractor.

The auto-gear, even though had foot controls, was a gear drive tractor. Select the speed you want and then smash the motion pedal, either forward or reverse, ALL THE WAY DOWN. Do not use the pedals to change speeds. The pedal is all the way down, or release it all the way. Damage to the clutch plates can, and will, happen if you drive it like a normal hydrostatic, foot controlled tractor.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the rundown guys, I will get those manuals stat. I bought the thing with a snow thrower attachment, I'm guessing a 42 inch, whole deal for $1200. I screwed up and didn't think to check the hours and it has about 1,400 is that bad? It runs like a champ though, and aside from a little cosmetic stuff (missing lights) and some worn front tires the thing is solid. I love the thing man its solid metal, being in the metal trades, I know well made stuff when I see it. The reason I bought it was to use it for the snow thrower, but it has a nice 50 inch deck on it too so, might mow with it at some point. I have another small lawn tractor I use for mowing now, so if I need to work on the cub, I'm not screwed. I will put some pics of it up tonight, we will call them before pics!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts