1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
:Welcome1: and enjoy the forum along with your tractor. slkpk

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
:MTF_wel: Dansjd170 feel free to ask any questions you may have. We're glad to help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, My local dealer went away making it harder to find parts and ask questions. I am glad I found this site.

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
:MTF_wel: First off I'd change the oil and filter (if equipped) and check/change the air filter and replace the fuel filter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So far i have given it a tune up, oil change, new back tires and rebuilt the deck. It runs and mows great. I am working on the cosmetics as soon as the mowing season is over here in Seattle. Pictures soon

·
The Admin from... Nowhere!
13,933 Posts
Welcome Dan! Nice to have you aboard! There's quite a number of us 160/5-170/5-180/5 owners kicking around here so hopefully we can answer any questions you have! :)

(With the POSSIBLE exception of where to get the rear weights for the 160-185 series.... THAT one is a stumper! :( )

·
Always Learning
2,158 Posts
Welcome to MTF, glad to have you aboard!

·
Certified Master Tinkerer
3,045 Posts
(With the POSSIBLE exception of where to get the rear weights for the 160-185 series.... THAT one is a stumper! :( )
They come up on eBay occassionally but they're usually pricey.

Welcome to MTF Dan! :MTF_wel: and when in doubt :wwp:

If you don't have the starter relay kit installed I recommend it to all 100 series owners. If you get an occassional (or frequent) click when you go to start it then its already time. About $25 from the dealer or you can build your own, check out Brad's sticky in the Backyard Roundtable.

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
So far i have given it a tune up, oil change, new back tires and rebuilt the deck. It runs and mows great. I am working on the cosmetics as soon as the mowing season is over here in Seattle. Pictures soon
You might want to look at a snow blower for winter. Just a thought. :fing32:

·
Super Moderator
16,489 Posts
Welcome to the Forum:MTF_wel:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I do have the technical manual for it but was wondering if there is an owners manual available for it or do I need to search ebay? I also have the snow blade but even with the carlisle super lugs and chains it is not enough traction. Thanks

·
The Admin from... Nowhere!
13,933 Posts
There IS an owners manual that you can order from JD publications, it covers all the standard maintenance, use and maintenance of the mower deck, and a number of other useful things... Unfortunately, its NOT free.... Littletractorgal got me one for Christmas last year. Its been really helpful (although often not as definitive as information I've gotten here! :) )

1 - 16 of 16 Posts