My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After being slowly driven to a breaking point with grossly under-engineered riding mowers, i ran across a JD 212 in pretty good shape with the 47" deck delivered to my door for $275...It needed a PTO deck belt :fing32:

I have a substantial amount of mechanical experience across the board, but this will be first JD product and my first "real" garden tractor. I look forward to being a sponge and absorbing as much info as possible on these old JD's. I think forums can be one of the most productive and informative mediums in existance.

My long term mowing goals:

-No more welding decks
-No more welding braces on frames to repair all sorts of issues
-No more wheels breaking free from miniature ball joints and causing roll-overs and near serious injuries on steep side hills
-No more steering assemblies reducing themselves to worthless, slipping slop for no real reason
-No more exploding blades and mandrel assemblies due to poor quality materials and design
-No more thread-all rod miracle fixes to keep mowing decks level

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
Sounds like a great deal :fing32: :MTF_wel:

·
Certified Master Tinkerer
3,045 Posts

·
the "AWOL member"
4,954 Posts
Welcome aboard! The 212 is a great machine,I would safely say the items on your goal list have been taken care of!:fing32:

·
Super Moderator
17,119 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow, thanks for all the warm responses. I will definitely check out the build and other links. I met up and put the "deposit" for the 212 a couple of days ago and the nice old man is going to deliver early next week because he's coming into my neck of the woods. When it arrives, i'll upload a picture or two...it's not perfect, but it's a good start.

·
Super Moderator
17,119 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts