My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya fellas,

new guy here so bear with me if any of my questions seem redundant. I just ordered my first "Real" tractor, a 2012 2320! I'm so pumped! will be delivered next Friday and I got a pretty good deal from what I can tell. I have a few questions if anyone would be so kind as to answer for me to help a newby out. More like a list of what I plan to do and what I plan to use.

the Tractor
2012 JD 2320
62" 7 iron drive on deck
53" quick mount loader
Ag tires
Paid $16,200

Oil- either Amsoil full syn or Shaeefers 7000 5w-40 change at 50hrs
Trans & hydro- Amsoil tractor transmission fluid.
Temp Guage- Putting one on
Filters- OEM UNLESS there is any better options?
front gears- amsoil gear lube
fuel additive- Optilube XPD

Power... I heard there is a way to turn up the fuel pump on these things. something I may do after the warranty is out. any experience. anyone done any power increasing mods other than turbo (which is pretty **** cool).

Thanks a lot for looking and I look forward to sharing pics and experience with you all very shortly,

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
Congrats on the new tractor! :thThumbsU
IMO I would stay with JD recommended fluids during the warranty unless you just have to change to amsoil, then make sure you get your Dealers approval, in writing, to avoid any warranty issues that may come up.
Turn the fuel pump up? What for? If it doesn't have the power you want, get a bigger tractor to start with, jmo.
Heard of shimming the hydro relief valve for more pressure.
I would wait to see all the power it can do as stock before modifying it at all.
Again, Congrats and:wwp::wwp:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have almost 400 hours on mine, always used JD oils and filters. I don't add anything to the fuel and never had a problem. I run it very hard sometimes on extremly hot days and never had a problem with overheating; I agree its good to keep track of temperatures but would not install additional gauges without the dealers blessing that it would not cause warranty issues. I have turf tires on my machine and I run out of traction long before power; maybe your ag tires will leave you wanting more power but I doubt it. I would not try to squeeze more power out of it and risk long term reliability.
I cant wait for the pics with ag tires! :cool:

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I'm sure you'll enjoy your 2320, I have it's big brother the 2720, it does all that I ask of it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I take it back boys. I decided on a 2520. I think it's a better buy and more versatile.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I take it back boys. I decided on a 2520. I think it's a better buy and more versatile.
Good decision to move up to the 2520, far more versatile than the little 2320.

·
Only Green For Me!
228 Posts
I think you will be much happier with the 2520.
I have yet to find something it can not do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts