My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my first home complete with 5 acres in MidMO (Central Missouri). Being raised on a farm, I believe that I need a tractor to "maintain" my acreage. Since I have a lot of trees and it will be my mower, I suppose I don't need a full size tractor (not that I've told my wife that I don't need one yet).

Since mowing is one of my least favorite things to do, I am looking for a garden tractor. That way I can get all of the fun attachments to use it for. As such much of my google research has lead me to forums here, so I figured I would join up and do some research here instead. I appreciate all the information I have been able to gather from here already, and hope that I can come up with enough good information to make a decision for a solid GT.

A little about me. I recently graduated from Kansas State University with a degree in Mechanical and Nuclear Engineering. I grew up in Kansas, and spent 4 years in California in the Marine Corps, 2 years back in Western Kansas doing service work on Valley agricultural irrigation systems, and then 4 years going to college. I am ready for "the good life" as they call it with a 9 to 5, and a house with some land.

I'd like to thank you all in advance for all the help that you've already provided, and that I'm sure you will provide. When I get it narrowed down to some choices, I may start a thread asking about each of them and their pro's and cons. I like to research fully and be an informed consumer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts