My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! Just joined the site. Kind of a wierd story, but...

So two friends of mine have old tractors. One has what he claims is a 68
(?) Wheel Horse Indy 500 special, the other has a 68(?) John Deere 110. They always bug me to get a tractor and do something with it (restore it, make it fast, work the life right out of it). Well, I have decided that within a few months I might just do so.

Now, I have thought about a newer one, and an older one. Newer being a nice Dynamark. I love Dynamarks. My dad owned one when I was growing up. I used to ride on it all the time. It was a 11/36 rear discharge. Ran like a champ until an uncle of mine stipped 1st and 3rd gear.

My other thought was a Sears tractor. Something like an SS12 or SS16. A neighbor of mine has an SS16 that runs strong. Onan engine and all.

To make things short...

I hope to find information and learn about the tractors in mind, and how to find them, maintain them and much more (...if that makes sense...) by being a member of this site!

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
Welcome New, good to have you aboard here with us and best wishes in your quest for the right machine :fing32:.

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
:MTF_wel2: Nice to have you here.

I don't think you will have any trouble finding what you need the member here are a wealth of information and are the best around.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
:Welcome1: and whatever you decide on just have fun with it. slkpk

·
Super Moderator
17,152 Posts
Welcome to the Forum:MTF_wel:

·
I LOVE Garden Tractors!!!
1,799 Posts
:MTF_wel2:Both of those tractors are good canidates for what you wanna do. You could restore either or both. Work the life out of the Sears SS which is a heavy duty garden tractor. But I gotta warn ya, it is 40 plus years old already and it ain't dead yet so good luck killin' it. :trink40: That Dynamark is an older lawn tractor, and I think they where pretty cool in their own right, with the bug eye head lights. That would be your go fast/racer canidate. Something you might see at a lawnmower race. Good luck. You won't find a lot of go fast info here. This more for the GT bunch, but still a great group of people. Check out heymow dot com and also there is an offroad mower affiliate to that site. :trink39:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all for the kind welcoming :thanku:

:MTF_wel2:Both of those tractors are good canidates for what you wanna do. You could restore either or both. Work the life out of the Sears SS which is a heavy duty garden tractor. But I gotta warn ya, it is 40 plus years old already and it ain't dead yet so good luck killin' it. :trink40: That Dynamark is an older lawn tractor, and I think they where pretty cool in their own right, with the bug eye head lights. That would be your go fast/racer canidate. Something you might see at a lawnmower race. Good luck. You won't find a lot of go fast info here. This more for the GT bunch, but still a great group of people. Check out heymow dot com and also there is an offroad mower affiliate to that site. :trink39:

Hmm...interestingly enough, I feel more sided to the restore and possibly use and work it side. I really don't need and or want a 20+mph tractor here. I think I would like to do an old Sears but I keep being pulled Dynamark just because I always thought the one my dad had was just awesome. It was...just so...cool:eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts