My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
My spoon is too BIG!
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all.
my name is mitch and i hail from central wisconsin. i currently live in Eau Claire. Im 27 years old and grew up on one acre out in the country just south of menomonie.

growing up i had a large assortment of "junk" lawn tractor to "fix". as a kid most just got raced around the yard for fun and eventually torn apart in a childish attempt to fix them. some of these donors included an old B12, a grasscat(no clue who made it but the funnest thing to drive), and a hadfull of mtd based mowers

mean while my father is into Case garden tractors. Mainly his 444 and more recently our kohler powered 448 loader tractor with 3 point. My uncle on the other had is a vintage cub cadet guy, despite hit 448 case also(used for almost everything). his hobby was more extensive then my fathers. he would restore them old cubs and even had a custom 126(?) with custom made grill and spoked front rims.

I got my start when i picked up a 71 sears suburban 12 my junior year in highschool. roughly a year later i got my hands on a 69 sears ss12 that was in niced shape concidering it was missing most peices, wheels, fenders, engine, just to name a few but id came with a 3 point and rear blade. so the restoration began. my 71 became the donor. after painting it all up white and blue(ford agua metalic blue). it was the only sears ive seen in person that the rear spidles were adjetable on splined axle shafts.

to finish of the resto i fabricated an old wheel horse deck under the tractor that cut so much nicer then the factory sears "box" deck that was half worn out anyways. i also fabed a fixed dozer blade to the front end utilizing the snowthrower mounts.

then i sold it.....:crybaby:

9 years later i am riding around on a 73 sears st12. and am trying to buy back my old 69 again! i allready have the front blade and snow blower.

the beautifull part about the person i sold it to was that he washed it after every use. i know because his wife chewed me out over it saying "he does even wash his truck that much". so it still looks great to this day. he even plowed and cultivated two acres with it every year also.

well thats the start to my story. feel free to ask any questions. i might answer them. lol

~Mitch

P.S. i really really want to attend a plowing avent for garden tractors. every once and a while i hear about one in my area after it has happened.

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
:MTF_wel:Glad you joined Mitch! Good luck getting your tractor back! Enjoy all the MTF discussions!
Be sure to Register for Your State!

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,876 Posts
Hi Mitch, welcome to MTF. Thanks for sharing your story with us. See you on the forums!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts