My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been viewing the site for a while, finally decided to join.

Here are some of my contraptions.

I have a Massey Ferguson MF1200 that I just got running after it sitting for about 10 years.

I also have this Honda 3813 with a turbocharger off a Mitsubishi 3000gt VR4.

The Honda is going to get a re-do soon for a nicer turbo manifold, a jackshaft to re-gear it, and possible megasquirt fuel injection.

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,686 Posts
:MTF_wel2:,Those are some awesome tractors,thanks for sharing.:thThumbsU

·
Super Moderator
39,237 Posts
Well, I'm amazed that someone hasn't asked the question....did you see any improvement with the turbo on the GT? Also, welcome to the forum from Titusville, PA!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I'm amazed that someone hasn't asked the question....did you see any improvement with the turbo on the GT? Also, welcome to the forum from Titusville, PA!!!
Yes, it actually works. It's kind of a hack install because we were getting it ready for the spring "sloppy mechanics" dyno day in Allentown. Kind of a dare that no one thought that a turbo lawn mower would actually show up.

It has part-throttle issues, and I think the install is not completely vacuum leak-free. I'm going to build a intake/exhaust manifold combo from one flange, and make the header flow a bit better. Just on my back burner for now.

·
Super Moderator
39,237 Posts
Well I'm glad to hear that all of that engineering paid off! Always good to see some "out of the box" thinking to improve performance. I always wondered if the old turbo's they had on motorcycles would give any increased perforumance. They were nice and small and worked well on the bikes but were kind of "bandy" when they came on!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's actually the perfect lawn-mower engine to turbo. It flows enough CFM due to it being over head cam, and has a full oil pressure system to feed the turbo. All the other "turbo lawn mowers" on Youtube use an oil scavenger pump to feed the turbo. This one an do it off the engine itself.

I think once I re-engineer the manifold it will be good to go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts