My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Don't buy it, build it.
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Just found this site searching for some info on a Haban sickle bar I recently picked up for free to put onto a '67 sears ss12. I have currently have a '70 sears suburban 12 I've had all my life (I'm 18 now lol) and a '67 sears ss12 that I recently bought for $150 including a snow plow and snow blower.
I retired the original 12 in the suburban and put the motor out of the ss12 into that because it still has A LOT of life left in it.
So I decided to make something cool with this new ss12, I've got a 70's Wisconsin AGND 12.5 horse on it and that Haban sickle bar I mentioned is on it now. Its a fun project. Well anyway cool site, here is some pics of my tractors.

My custom snow plow I made way back when.

Here she is virgin the day I bought it about a month ago. Ill have some recent pics soon, it looks a lot different.

·
4K Poster!!!
4,503 Posts
:MTF_wel2:

And :congrats:you got it right on your first post - PICTURES! :wwp:

·
15,000 +posts!
20,543 Posts
Nice to know a Wisconsin will fit on a Suburban and the hood will still close & fit!..was it much of a job adapting the clutch linkage to the Wisconsin?..I had a chance to pick up a few Wisconsins this year but passed on them,kind of wish I hadn't now..one would be a nice addition to a Suburban..they are as rugged as the tractor is!..

Thanks for the photos and welcome to MTF!..

·
Registered
355 Posts
Yeah, you done good on your first post.

Nice machines you have there.

I was clueless at 18. Looks like you've got a grip. Not to sure about you being an anger management dropout though.

Regards,

Dan

·
Don't buy it, build it.
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I thought you would like the pictures.

Nice to know a Wisconsin will fit on a Suburban and the hood will still close & fit!..was it much of a job adapting the clutch linkage to the Wisconsin?..I had a chance to pick up a few Wisconsins this year but passed on them,kind of wish I hadn't now..one would be a nice addition to a Suburban..they are as rugged as the tractor is!..

Thanks for the photos and welcome to MTF!..
The Wisconsin is a very nice, very large, and very powerful motor, crank start only though. The hood does not fit on the tractor because the motor is really tall. The grille will be going back on though. As for the clutch I just made a bracket real quick just to hold it in place. I can sickle anything just above an idle, it actually has to much power...if there was such a thing lol. I'll post up some more recent pics maybe tonight.

·
4K Poster!!!
4,503 Posts
I have a 50's vintage Wisconsin on a Tiger, and it pulls like crazy. Seems to have tons of torque. I love that old thing! It is a rope start - wind the rope around the pulley. No recoil start on this antique.

·
Don't buy it, build it.
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is what my '67 ss12 looks like now with the Wisconsin on it.

Excuse the crappy cell phone pictures.

·
15,000 +posts!
20,543 Posts
Awesome!..looks like a 426 Hemi stuffed into a VW Beetle!.:D..a "big block" Suburban!..bet it will give an Onan twin a run for the money in a pull off!..you gotta modify the hood to fit again ,maybe you can get a not so minty one and cut it out so the engine sticks up out of the hood..

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,265 Posts
welcome!!!.JPG

Nice machines!!!

·
Don't buy it, build it.
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome!..looks like a 426 Hemi stuffed into a VW Beetle!.:D..a "big block" Suburban!..bet it will give an Onan twin a run for the money in a pull off!..you gotta modify the hood to fit again ,maybe you can get a not so minty one and cut it out so the engine sticks up out of the hood..
My dad keeps saying the same thing but I'm not thinking I could modify a hood and put it on and have it look at all normal. The motor is just to big. The grill is definitely going back on though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts