My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I grew up in Western PA and spent many, many hours on a Wheel Horse 654 on our 48 acre farm and neighboring properties in my teen years. I used to carry extra fuel under the seat, pack a lunch and make a day of it.

I now live in Eastern PA and looking at all the pictures of the old "Round Hood" Wheel Horses makes want to have one again. I do not have much room in my garage so, I was thinking an RJ-58/59 with a plow would be fun and much narrower than a 654 to keep in the garage? I placed a WTB thread on here looking for one but, wondering if should be changed to small "round hood" tractor? Thoughts? I didn't really see how to edit my post though?

I have been reading and looking through the posts for about a week now and there seems to be a bunch of good helpful people on here.

Scott

·
Citizen of Earth
15,291 Posts
:Welcome1: Glad to have another Pennsylvania here. I'm near the Poconos. As for looking for a tractor, have you tried Ebay, Craig's list or local tractor shows?

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I think you can only edit your posts for something like two hours, so if you want to change a WTB or for sale post, click the little triangle to report your own post and ask the mod for that forum to move or delete as needed.

Someone correct me if there is a more preferred way to do such a thing.

·
I'll never get to 10,000
5,177 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Joe! I am in Quakertown, Pa not too far.

I have been looking and have seen quite a few 1964 and later round hoods but, none of the smaller older Jr's. I am in no big hurry so, hopefully something nice will turn up for sale that isn't too far away. My Father still lives in Western PA and is keeping an eye out for one out there as well.

Are there any local shows coming up soon?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the welcome Ken & John.

I just posted a WTB and intro on the WHtractor forum like you suggested.

·
Retired Aug.31 2007
7,473 Posts
Welcome to the forum Scott. Glad to have you.

·
Citizen of Earth
15,291 Posts
There is a show this weekend near Bangor, PA at Jacktown. More info here:

www.jacktown.com

·
Retired and Busy!
10,175 Posts
Scott

:MTF_wel2: we are glad to have you. There are many friendly and knowledgeable folks here at MTF, so enjoy all the different forums. Click on ”Active Topics” near the top left of the page for all the latest activity. You can also register with other members from your state by clicking here:

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
:Welcome1:

I'm sure all the WH fans here will steer you toward a tractor. Welcome and enjoy.

·
Banned
2,286 Posts
:Welcome1: good luck in your search!

·
16,487 Posts
Joe, Thanks for the Link. I think I'll head up there Saturday morning!

Let us know what happens!!

Have you ever been to the annual Wheelhorse show in Arendtsville, Pa. the third weekend of June?/

glenn

·
MTF Member Since Day 1
622 Posts
:MTF_wel2: WH654

1 - 19 of 19 Posts