My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Gravely bug bit.
8,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting grip design...

I can't read the etching on the left side of the slide... who makes it?

.45ACP right?
.45 ACP. Slide and barrel are blued Colt MK IV/Series 70 Government Model. Frame is polished Aluminium with only an R 06XXX Serial Number on it. No other markings. The safety, slide lock, grip safety,mainspring housing, and hammer are light grey. The grips are Herrett D45 skip checkered walnut grips. Is a little lighter in weight than a Colt Special Combat Gov't Model. Chip McCormick Shooting Star mag.

·
16,525 Posts
Did you buy it used? Looks in VGC...

·
Gravely bug bit.
8,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you buy it used? Looks in VGC...
Yes it was bought used. Had the dealer take it apart before buying and it is in fairly good condition. The barrel shows no wear in the barrel bore but does show some pitting where the labeling is on the top of the barrel. Slide is in VG condition. Frame only shows wear in the area where the slide stop is pushed in when being put together. Might take it to the range next week to see how it does. Recoil spring is stiff and the collet bushing is nice and tight.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Looks like someone put a new lower on a Colt upper. The trigger looks aftermarket and I can't recall ever seeing that type of texture on the front strap of a Colt. If it passes a function check, head out to the range and run a box or two through it. Hope it shoots as good as it looks. Enjoy.

·
Gravely bug bit.
8,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like someone put a new lower on a Colt upper. The trigger looks aftermarket and I can't recall ever seeing that type of texture on the front strap of a Colt. If it passes a function check, head out to the range and run a box or two through it. Hope it shoots as good as it looks. Enjoy.
Frame is possibly a modified Caspian. Stippling may have been done by Clark's. Gunsmith checked it today before I went into the range. About a 3.5 lb pull and slide/frame was fitted by a gunsmith per the local one at the range. It can put the rounds in a tigher pattern than I can hand hold it for. 1.5" at 25 yd.

·
Gravely bug bit.
8,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did some further checking. The trigger, mainspring housing, hammer and grip safety match what was used in the Satin Nickel Series 70 Combat Commander in color. And the trigger, hammer and MSH match the design too.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Love 1911's, all around the 45acp is a great round.
Currently I have a S&W Pro series that has been great.
Although my heart truly belongs to wheel guns.

·
Registered
53 Posts
...It can put the rounds in a tigher pattern than I can hand hold it for. 1.5" at 25 yd.
LOL, I have the same problem with most of mine. I figure as long as it's more accurate than I am there's no need to upgrade. Glad to see you got a good shooter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts