My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was looking at the sears lawn and garden web page and noticed two new GT manual models with fender instead of saddle shifters. Has anyone seen or purchased one of these models?

I wonder if it's a sign of things to come?

I currently have a 1991 GT 18 with a 6 speed fender sift and like it a lot better then the saddle models.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Sometimes you have to be careful as Sears will post the same tractor picture for different models. That could well be a hydro lever you're seeing in the picture. Just a guess, though.

·
Anything With Wheels
9,834 Posts
I've got the 6 speed saddle shift

and I find it always in the way when getting on and off the tractor. I would certainly consider a fender mounted model.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sears online pictures

I purchased a Sears GT5000, model # 27632, online about three weeks ago. This model has the fender mounted hydrostatic transmission. The picture posted for this model at sears.com was a GT5000 with manual transmission.

I went to the local Sears store to be sure it was an automatic before I ordered it.

As others have said, the pictures at sears.com aren't always the correct one.

Rick

·
Registered
6 Posts
I stoppped by Sears tonight to take a look, it is true they are now mounting it on the fender like the Auto. Much better spot then on the saddle. Makes me think twice about the Auto now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts