My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
mowing some grass
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well its been in the shop for over a week now getting a drive belt to fix the clutch rattle, i stopped and checked on it saturday and they had the drive belt on it but hadnt tried it out yet. so i drove by there today and its sitting out in front of the door still with no deck and the hood is still off, so im guessing that the new belt didnt fix it. it had 1.8hrs on the clock so far and the rattle is my only complaint, i just hope that i dont get it back sounding the same as it did when i took it there. i have only used it twice and refuse to use it anymore untill its fixed, i guess im too picky or something. lol

·
Registered
268 Posts
I'll try to remember to take a picture of what I did,didn't totally fix all of the rattling,but it is quieter.I used a piece of old inner tube and coat hanger to put tension on the brake pedal to keep it from being so loose.

I may try something different also to see it I can totally solve the problem.
I don't know if it's a bump in the drive belt or not,but mine loose and I think that's why it rattles.None of the other Husqvarna tractors have loose brake pedals that I've looked at, I believe that's the main problem.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Should not have to deal with something like that, especially when it's brand new. You got to wonder what kind of prototype testing is done before it goes into production...

·
mowing some grass
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
still no word about it yet, my first payment is due next week and im wondering if i should even bother putting it in the mail. the dealer has had the mower longer than i have

·
Registered
53 Posts
Mine has rattled since day 1. My dealer is waiting on a new Husq brake linkage. Suppose to be the fix. Still waiting....I got 100+ hours it!

·
mowing some grass
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i went to the dealer to check on it today and it still makes the same noise, he has worked on it all week and talked to husqvarna support probably 10 times about it. they are very aware of the noise, he done everything that they suggested and it made it a little better but its still not fixed. i mentioned returning the mower and told him that i will give it one more week, i think he is just as aggrivated with the noise as i am. i will keep this updated

·
mowing some grass
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yep its still in the shop, they have been trying to fix it for 3 weeks now. still with no luck, sounds to me like it is louder now than it was when i took it there. what should it do about it? i really think im just going to tell them to keep it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just had a shiny new gth26v48ls delivered and got to cut for about 30 min so far. I have not heard any rattles yet, Is this something that develops over time or did you have it from day one ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
BigOne, is your brake pedal steady? It seems the rattling is caused when a loose pedal (mine has ~1" of play at the footrest) gets knocked around by the idler linkage.

Other Husq models I've looked at (never seen another GTH, dealer special-ordered mine) don't seem to have any play in their pedals.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Mine has some play in it also and rattles some. I haven't got under there yet to look to see if there is a quick fix,adjustable linkage or another way to tighten it up. I talked to the dealer and he said to bring it by and they'd look at it.
Although mine doesn't seem to be as loud as other say it is.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I heard it today.:crybaby:

The pedal is a little loose and the rattling will stop if I just put my foot on it and press down just a little. I will have to keep an eye and an ear on it.

The toe in on the front wheels looks to be a lot more than it should be. The steering wheel is also off center. Any way to fix this.

I would much rather fix this myself, Don't trust the dealer :Stop:

If I would have known how great the hydro tranny is I would of bought one years ago.:thThumbsU

All I ever heard was how noisy they were and how unreliable they are. Mine doesn't make any noise at all. I will just have to wait to see how long it will last.:praying:

·
Registered
6 Posts
nitrouskid2601 sorry to hear about the tractor. I hope it get fix soon.:praying:

Other than the the problems you having with the belt and the rattling how do you like it?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi Nitrous. I was on the consumer affairs website looking at Husqvarna complaints, and one person posted that Husqvarna had gotten a bad batch of drive belts from their supplier and are working to get the right ones in. IMHO this could explain the rattling and the excessive play in the brake pedal. The belts are too big. While I don't have the rattle, my drive belt has jumped out of the transmission pulley twice. I currently have a new drive belt on order, and am hoping that it will be the correct size. I don't know if this will help you, or if your shop has looked at it, but it might be something to consider.

·
mowing some grass
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the dealer has a new engine pulley coming for it now, but he is convinced that the problem is with the drive belt. he ordered a whole stack of belts and they all have a noticible lump where they are spliced together some worse than others, he is going to get a higher quality gates belt and put on it and is confident that it will be fixed this time. he was told by husqvarna that he has spent more time than any other dealer trying to fix the problem, and that they will pay him for every bit of time that he has spent on it. and they said they will make it right with me for it being in the shop for so long, will be a month next saturday.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Good to hear. If that does the trick, see if you can get either the Gates part# or the belt dimensions (the Husq belt part# is 532 42 08-07, haven't been able to find any info on it though). Hope you're up and running again soon.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
I hope they get it fixed right for you. slkpk

·
Registered
268 Posts
TheKid5 - Yours is the YTH which does have the rattling in the brake pedal.When I was at the dealer a few weeks ago I felt the brake pedal and there was no play in it,also I looked at it and it's not put together like the GTH.

I just had a new revelation on how both brake and gas pedals work,so I don't think my idea will work,darn.

I have noticed that when I put in my Koss noise canceling earphones and turn on my iPod or MP3 (which ever I have at the moment) while cutting grass I don't hear any rattling at all.

·
Registered
103 Posts
TheKid5 - Yours is the YTH which does have the rattling in the brake pedal.When I was at the dealer a few weeks ago I felt the brake pedal and there was no play in it,also I looked at it and it's not put together like the GTH.

I just had a new revelation on how both brake and gas pedals work,so I don't think my idea will work,darn.

I have noticed that when I put in my Koss noise canceling earphones and turn on my iPod or MP3 (which ever I have at the moment) while cutting grass I don't hear any rattling at all.

That's a good way to solve the problem! :fing32: Mine actually doesn't rattle badly. I am more concerned about the belt jumping. My dealer still has not gotten the original drive belt which I ordered about three weeks ago. I ended up getting my two belts from a different Husky dealer. When I was at my dealer on Thursday, I asked about the drive belt, and it still had not come in yet. This seems to gell with the story about the supplier making the wrong belts and there being a pretty good backorder of the correct belts. I think that the second dealer is possibly not aware of the problem, hence, I have been sold two of the wrong belts. You may be correct, and I may have a totally different problem. I just find it ironic that many of us are experiencing problems which center around the drive belt and brake pedal. Hopefully Husqvarna will get this all figured out shortly. We've all spent a decent amount of cash, and we shouldn't be having these problems.

·
mowing some grass
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The rattle is finally fixed! After 5 weeks in the shop. We believe that the drive belt was the problem though, He tried 3 different husqvarna belts on it and they all had a lump where they are spliced together. They ended up putting a gates power rated belt on it and it is very smooth now, They also replaced the engine pulley which it didnt need. And added an extra idler pulley to the drive belt, There is a bolt hole for it already but you have to remove the body to get access to it.

Incase anybody needs to know,The drive belt is 1/2inch by 80inch.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Excellent news. :fing32:

The Gates part # for the 80 x 1/2" Powerated belt is 6880, seems to go for about $15 online.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts