My Tractor Forum banner

new Gravely owner

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  gravelymay 
Thanks for the welcomes. I visited before but joined now that I have a serious issue. I broke the left rear axle. I went downhill in neutral and the brakes were not enough to stop me so I turned left at the bottom and the left wheel was at an awful angle. The axle sheared off at the wheel hub. I have a Gravely dealer nearby but would like to check prices on an axle first. Then I have to see if I dare attempt the replacement myself.
Dan, forgot to mention,:MTF_wel:. Now to the issue at hand. Replacing the axle shaft is an indepth job. It definitely requires transmission disassembly. Possibly engine removal as well. But, using Gravely's shop and service manuals to do the job will definitely make it easier without any unnecessary steps.

Ebay is usually a decent source for Gravely parts. Upon checking, I ran across this one.
http://cgi.ebay.com/GRAVELY-axle-40...&otn=2&po=LVI&ps=63&clkid=5567698899876969294

Not the best but may be usable. If you are considering bidding on it, I would ask questions before doing so. Good luck whatever you decide.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.