My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
Ah. Neither of those are tractor S/N, those are part numbers for the castings.

You want to look on the left side of the advance casting, underneath the reinforcing rib. You should see a small (maybe 1" long by 1/4" tall) aluminum plate riveted to the casting, with a number stamped into it. It might be upside down, many were assembled that way.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I couldn't find anything on the left side of the advance casting. However, under the hood I could find a label, see picture.

Here I can read "Serial number 0020314". Does this make any sense?

The muffler is "home made" using a Fiat cast muffler. It's quite good in terms of noise suppression but, among others, the contact between the cylinder and the pipe is not very good (there is no flange, the pipe is just inserted in the hole). I would like to get a better/nicer one, any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,595 Posts
Simple solution is to run the spec number on the kohler engine. You have a 1970s era 500 series.

OMG, that muffler is a sight to behold. I'd have to replace that. I recommend you pickup a Cub Cadet style muffler. I have one on my 5000 series and like it.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
Ah. Sorry, I led you astray about the location of the S/N. I thought we were talking about a comm12, but that is in fact a 500 series.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Join the Gravely Tractor Club of America as it is international in membership. There are also gravely clubs at facebook, big memberships as well. The yahoo gravely tractor club has a extensive files section. Those three sources give useful contacts and the technical information you need.

·
Super Moderator
11,570 Posts
The "203" part of your serial number falls in with the tractors built in 1975, so I would say it is a 1975. Your serial number also appears to be one number short. It was likely on the part of the number tag that is missing.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts