My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My last b-day gift was the double bucket holder to use for the garden. This one is going to put to good use also.

·
Super Moderator
29,532 Posts
nice!

i have the tractor trunk, so IF i actually ever get to start my main garden this year i can use it to haul in teh goods. i had to resort to putting some toms in one of the wife's flower beds, we had so much rain that my garden is just now drying out for the first time this year. usually i have it planted by early March, but this year it has stayed a mud hole until yesterday. hopefully i can at least still get some beans and okra and maybe some squash in teh ground.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Boy, those John Deere's are beautiful machines, no doubt about it. I just had to say it! Have a nice day.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Looking good and I got that shirt also. slkpk

·
Tech Nerd Tractor Convert
1,388 Posts
Nice, and good quality pics too. I think pic 3 or 4 with some cropping would make a nice avatar showing both tractor and proud owner. I think pic 3 has nice contrast.. has that late afternoon tint to it..

In fact I took the liberty of prepping them within the MTF limits (39k filesize) if you're so inclined...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice, and good quality pics too. I think pic 3 or 4 with some cropping would make a nice avatar showing both tractor and proud owner. I think pic 3 has nice contrast.. has that late afternoon tint to it..

In fact I took the liberty of prepping them within the MTF limits (39k filesize) if you're so inclined...

Thanks so much, Toolin:thThumbsU That was mighty kind of you! I changed the avatar over and I think it looks great!!!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Marly is very correct. One should always accessorize to the tractors best advantage while on photo shoots!

Pretty darn nice! (Even if the buckets don't match) :)

S

·
Tech Nerd Tractor Convert
1,388 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
Nice tractor and accesories. To think I used to get harrassed for having such a clean tractor!
That thing is Mint!

MU

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Can't help but notice the missing belt guard for the deck pullies.. I can probably hazard a guess why though..Ours disappeared very quickly off the X500 when we had it.

I just can't figure out how you guys use your tractors and they look like that. A couple hrs out working and ours are covered in dirt, be it mud, dust old broken branches etc. and even when they sit after being washed they are covered in dust a day later, geeze even when they delivered the 2320 it was covered in dust by the time it made it down 8 miles of dirt roads. Guess that is one of the very few downsides of living in the middle of wheat country though.

Your tractor does look purdy though. Enjoy your machine and that carrier.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Nice pics, thanks!

I really like the bucket idea. I could use something like that when mowing, as I'm always coming across branches/twigs/litter - and end up filling my pockets or running them over out of laziness.

I wonder if I can find/fab something like that for my Cub...

·
AKA Moses Lawnagan
4,642 Posts
you do want an authentic JD branded bucket, don't you?
only $395/ea:biglaugh: Careful, that logo is expensive.

Congrats on your new X540. Did you get the shirt and hat when you got the mower? My dealer took me to a pegboard in the parts dept. full of hats and shirts, said to pick one, when I got my tractor. He told me that the mower was free, but the hat was $13,000, and the tractor wouldn't start without it.

My belt/pulley guards were removed before I even mowed the first time. Experience with my other JD told me that they'd have to be removed for cleaning every time I mowed. I liked the old metal covers that went over the entire deck drivetrain better, took longer for them to get stuffed with grass clippings and dirt. I've made it a habit to never get off the tractor with the deck engaged.

Great looking area there, your garden is way ahead of mine.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the compliments guys! I keep ALL of my toys clean by washing them every time I get finished using them. I keep them waxed and the blower will blow the dust off between the times I use them.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
only $395/ea:biglaugh: Careful, that logo is expensive.

Congrats on your new X540. Did you get the shirt and hat when you got the mower? My dealer took me to a pegboard in the parts dept. full of hats and shirts, said to pick one, when I got my tractor. He told me that the mower was free, but the hat was $13,000, and the tractor wouldn't start without it.

My belt/pulley guards were removed before I even mowed the first time. Experience with my other JD told me that they'd have to be removed for cleaning every time I mowed. I liked the old metal covers that went over the entire deck drivetrain better, took longer for them to get stuffed with grass clippings and dirt. I've made it a habit to never get off the tractor with the deck engaged.

Great looking area there, your garden is way ahead of mine.

I removed the guards as soon as I got the tractor home for the dealer. He actually recommened for me to do so. I also make sure that I disengage the deck and lock the parking brake before getting off!! I got the shirt off e-bay and the hat from another website. My dealer let my wife and I both get a hat but hers is pink and mine is camo. He didn't have any straw hats. With the climate I live in, a good wide staw hat is a must when working outside. I actually was going to get the 748 SE but I decided that it was overkill for what I will use mine for. I did test drive one and the seat sure felt good and it had the 4 wheel drive, shaft drive and diesel engine to boot! If I ever upgrade the 748 SE or whatever it will be called in the future will be my next machine.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts