My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #1
Well having my solid wood garage door replaced today. One of the torsion springs broke and couldn't get it to go up with or without the opener. That door must weigh about 800 lbs. I got tired of trying to lift it and ordered a new door and opener; nothing fancy, just a replacement!

Master Cranker!!!
馃摫 馃摲 馃帴

That's the best I got for "We want pictures!". For those with only 20/20 they're a little tough to see. Umm, anybody know how I can make my emojis bigger???

Master Cranker!!!
I put my bullet heater in there for the guy, it is about 23 degrees here today!
Doesn't look like the sun is working much either.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #6
Sort of off and on with the Lake Effect, got about an hour of snow, then an hour of sun. Also temps today are dropping, down to 19 degrees right now!!!

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #7

Premium Member
Must have been an old insulated wood door to weigh 800 lbs.. I hope the installer is not doing this by himself as those are some darn heavy panels.

Premium Member
Hope cost of disposal was included in the price of the door. If not your waste disposal people are not doing to like hauling that off.

Administrator
That's a good sized door, 16ft?

When I bought this house 12 years ago, the garage had no doors on it. The openings were 10ft wide and 8 ft tall. Had to special order the doors, but it was worth it. Real easy to drive in and out of. The door openers had to have a track extender on them too....Regular is only 7ft.

Premium Member
Lots of new doors are now 8 ft.. They were always available. Just not many builders used them. I wish I had put 8ft openings in the shop because now the F250 super duty will not fit threw the 7 ft door. The old Ram D350 just verily does. But if I was to do it over again the side walls would also be 10 ft instead of 8 ft..

Premium Member
PA318,

Just a thought, take a Sharpie and mark anything that you think might move due to use, make a line on the two corresponding surfaces and if things get out of whack, it will be easy to realign.

CCMoe

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #17
PA318,

Just a thought, take a Sharpie and mark anything that you think might move due to use, make a line on the two corresponding surfaces and if things get out of whack, it will be easy to realign.

CCMoe
Good idea CCMoe!

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #18
I've got some serious cement work to do in the garage, and if not fixing all the issues need to at least get area under the door redone so that it's level across and not broke up and lifted like it is now.

Premium Member
馃摫 馃摲 馃帴

That's the best I got for "We want pictures!". For those with only 20/20 they're a little tough to see. Umm, anybody know how I can make my emojis bigger???
I don't feel comfortable discussing that here on the forum, but PA318Guy would be the guy to ask LOL

Master Cranker!!!
I don't feel comfortable discussing that here on the forum, but PA318Guy would be the guy to ask LOL
Hey, someone got it!!!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts