My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I bought an aging Toro 212-5 recently and hope that you can all help advise me on how to get it working at it's best. We have 16 acres of ground, mostly in grass at the moment, that we would like to tame and cultivate. Realistically it will be a small bit at a time, but already we have planted hundreds of trees, fruit bushes and a few potatoes. The grass is the big problem and hoping that the Toro, although small, will give us the upper hand.

Looking forward to sharing ideas and gleaning from a world of experience out there.

Ian

·
Which one's Pink?
413 Posts
Welcome to the forum Ian,

As far as how to get your mower working its best - I would recommend a tune-up (fresh oil, oil filter, fuel filter, air filter, plug, etc.), level the deck and sharpen the blades or purchase new blades.

We love pics - so post some up if you can!

Mowin' Man :trink39:

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
:Welcome1: and enjoy the forum. slkpk

·
Retired MTF Admin
26,557 Posts

We are glad to have you join us. There are lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks here at MTF, so enjoy all the different forums.
Check out ”Active Topics” near the top left of the page for all the latest activity.

Don't forget to register what State/Country that you are from..CLICK HERE

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Post your tractor's model and serial number and we may be able to link you to some info. Include your mower deck's model number, width of cut, how many spindles and side or rear discharge.

Garry in Canada

·
Oldbie
1,605 Posts
Welcome! I too am taming a few acres. I think your best bet is to use your tractor
for maintainance of your grounds. Find someone with a brushhog to mow down the
high grass first.....then maintain it.
I was lucky.....I have sickle bar mowers for wheel horse. They easily take down tall
grass. But mowing it up after is a pain. The long cut grass wants to tangle in the
blades.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts