My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Can I trade out decks between tractors? I have a craftsman 12 hp 38 " LT can I put another same size deck on it to run? Thank you

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
Depends on what the other deck came off of.
:MTF_wel:Glad you joined!
:wwp: If you need easy Picture help
Be sure to Register for Your State!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
welcome to mtf
like sonnyt said it depends if its got the same setup then yes but if not then no. another thing you need to look out for is if your motor can turn all the blades on a bigger deck. it should be able to but you have to account for if you get into high thick grass

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks all

I have an 80's craftsman 12.5 HP and 38 inch deck. I am having trouble finding reasonably priced parts for specific model. Thats why I am wondering if I can trade out the deck for a different model. But again... I am a beginner at this and my dad and I are doing this project together. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Lisa

·
20,000 +posts!
20,959 Posts
If you have the model number off the tractor,you can determine what manufacturer really made it--Sears doesn't build them,they have other companies make them,like Murray,MTD,Huskvarna,etc..once you find out who made your tractor it might be possible to find a deck off whatever brand yours is ..but there is probably more Craftsman tractors out there than any others..you should be able to find one that will work for you..

I've seen ads for tractors and parts in RI on CL,at a place in Tiverton called Goldstein's Lawn & Garden--maybe they have something in their "boneyard"?..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone! I am learning more everyday. Dad and I are gonna get this thing working one way or another :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts