My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New from Eastern Pa.

So this is my old 68 Sears 10xl which is for sale since I just picked up this JD 210..

Now the JD also has a plow but not sure that I have everything for the plow? I believe you hook up the mower deck lifting lever to it but does someone have any pictures or is there a kit to make it work?

·
Certified Master Tinkerer
3,045 Posts
The plow connects to the front lift arm linkage. The "correct" way is to use a lift link which is two short (~2") pieces of flat stock with holes and two connecting pins. If you adjust the lift arm its maximum length you can operate the plow without the lift link.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Nice looking tractors. slkpk

·
Premium Member
9,278 Posts
I'm sorry, but I would keep that Sears. What a slick looking tractor! Look under the front grill on the left hand side of the tractor (left side from a sitting position). You should see a metal plate with holes drilled in it attached to a lift rod that goes back to the rock shaft. The blade lift attaches to the bottom hole of the metal plate with the two little lift links that Deere charges 6$ a piece for. Here's the tractor lift assembly:

And here's the blade lift part:

·
Super Moderator
15,339 Posts
Welcome to the Forum:MTF_wel:
Check out This web site http://weekendfreedommachines.org/ under Galleries look up Kent Ortmans Gallery He has Instalation manulas for 200 series Attachment's I belive He has the Deere manual for the dozer Blade for your 200 series Model Number 43 Blade.:thThumbsU

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tried messing with this today but I don't get it. When moving the handle back & forth it seems as though you would attatch to that part under the tractor and would need a long peice to extend out to the angle part on the plow that you have in the 2nd pic.

Couldnt find the correct manual on that site.

·
Proud JD Owner
1,730 Posts
Man, that JD looks tough with those big meats on the back! Schu-weeeet!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nice looking machine, you are in Bethlehem? Im just right down the street from ya in Allentown. Got here Tuesday night for some training over in Schnecksville, leaving Friday morning though. Too cold up here for me. Anyway, good looking 210.

·
Super Moderator
26,422 Posts
Take your deck off and look under the tractor. If you got the plow with the tractor chances are the PO had the lift kit installed. The one pic shows it clearly. If you have the lift kit installed then you will need a short (2 1/2 inch) link that looks like the link in a bicycle chain only larger. This can be made out of flat stock with a couple of pins. One end goes around the bottom of the lever and pins and the other goes over the arm on the blade and pins!

Attachments

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
5,560 Posts
Hey PA318, cool idea to lay your tractor over on its side to get good pictures of the underside. :thThumbsU

Do you have a source for similar pics of other models?

·
Registered
379 Posts
I just installed one of those on my 110 the other day. Got my blower put back on and wouldnt you know it it's not adjusted long enuff so the blower will not lower all the way to the ground. So I have to take it off and screw out the clevis on the end.

·
3K & Yet So Little to Say
3,341 Posts
That 210 looks sweet with the HDAP tires!:fing32:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts