My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my name is Ken and I'm in Mid-Michigan.

My dad has fallen ill with cancer and I've been helping my parents with upkeep of the yard and whatnot. He's had this 1973ish Cub Cadet 149 for about 16 years and it's been a very reliable. His 1 acre yard has been cut once a week for the past 16 years, and he's plowed his large garden every year also. Not to mention the plow that's installed when the snow falls. He replaced the engine last year with a brand new Kohler 14hp and it runs better than ever. The tractor has some idiosyncrasies that I plan on working through, hopefully with the help of some of the more experienced folks on here.

Here's the 149, and my recent score from a friend, a LawnBoy 22261 Commercial self propelled mower. He gave it to me for replacing one body mount on his truck. :fing32:

Attachments

·
Registered
748 Posts
:MTF_wel2: 4x4Klein welcome to the forum. There are a lot of very knowledgeable folk here. I'm sure any questions they will be able to help. Good to see another mich member.

·
Retired Aug.31 2007
7,473 Posts
Welcome to the forum and thanks for the pictures.

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
:Welcome1: Ken !, sorry to hear about your father. We are pleased you joined us, and thanks for sharing the pics.

·
Retired and Busy!
10,175 Posts
Ken

Be sure and visit our Lawn and Garden Tractors By Brand/Cub Cadet Forum here:
http://www.mytractorforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19
You may also be interested in our Walk Behind Mowers Forum here:
http://www.mytractorforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=155

:MTF_wel2: We are glad to have you. There are many friendly and knowledgeable folks here at MTF, so enjoy all the different forums. Click on ”Active Topics” near the top left of the page for all the latest activity. You can also register with other members from your state by clicking here:

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
Great Cub! Welcome to the forum.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts