My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an addict...of LB's of course...Long story but as teenager long long ago I started and owned a lawn service company with 12 bricktops. Had 6 guys working for me and did only residential lawns. Those machines were the best...LIGHT, easy to maintain and everyone liked them. And young and foolish I never even bothered to realize model #s back then...just are they working and are we cutting grass. I think they were 7024 from what I see around here...Anywho fast forward to way older me now and few years ago built new house and researched buying the best mower out there....realizing as I grew up that Lawn Boy was but a shadow of its former self...I ended up with Snapper S21. I never liked self propelled and it was the lightest quality mower at 74lbs....WOW to mow my little over 1/2 acre lot on hill with offcamber parts its a workout...Month or so ago surfing on ebay I find that restoring old LBs is happening...SO I found a 7350 and purchased it for $75.00...as soon as I touched it...the handle angle..the weight...I was addicted once again. :drunkie:

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, Nice machine you got there! I got a few bricktops myself... Very nice and light

I know where you can find a nice 7024 bricktop forsale.....:fing02::fing02::fing02:

·
Banned
864 Posts

BushMaster2010

nice to have another addict in the group :trink40:

that 7268 is a nice mower, i have the self propelled version

an 8237 here is a pic

·
Banned
864 Posts
i guess lol

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just mean you never see push mowers around where I live...even bozos with tiny lawns have rider mowers...and I have not seen any lawn boys in a long time...yet growing up most everyone had a push mower and a lot of those were lawn boys...thanks to attorneys and greenies we have big heavy 4 cycle push mowers today no one wants...

·
nothing of interest
1,025 Posts
I may take you up on that offer at a later date...right now in middle of buying a 7268 here is a pic....
I just fiinshed mowing the back and side yards with my 7268, is a fine machine and am sure you will not be disappointed with yours.
BTW welcome !!
Mine before I gave it a bath.

Attachments

·
Lifetime Lawn Guy
1,426 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I have a 7268 I picked up from a yard sale for $20 then I restored it just recently! You can look at my posts if you haven't came across it yet. Even got a set of new decals from member Echoman!

I also have an R8237 as well, same machine basically, just self propelled, also restored.

Definately good mowers. I grew up pushing my grandpas bricktop, think I was in first or second grade when he let me loose with it. Not a commercial, but a cool mower. I even rebuilt the engine on it when I was in highschool in small engines class. Sadly my grandma decided to use it some years later with regular gas in it, then GAVE it to the small engine guy she let look at it. :(

·
5K Poster!!!!
5,131 Posts
I just mean you never see push mowers around where I live...even bozos with tiny lawns have rider mowers...and I have not seen any lawn boys in a long time...yet growing up most everyone had a push mower and a lot of those were lawn boys...thanks to attorneys and greenies we have big heavy 4 cycle push mowers today no one wants...
Yeah, well said...it is the same way down here. I have decided to buck the system though. It is kinda sad in a way, most people down here don't even know what they are missing, the big heavy 4 cycles are all they know.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Alright...I am seeing a reality show...like American Pickers...Lawn Mower Pickers...and LBs would dominate all the finds...then the benefits of 2 cycle motors and lightweight mowers thumps the sheeple that said nothing when the greenies passed their minority view on the majority with no measurable benefits, but I digress...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts