My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
It makes my eyes hurt

There's no easy visual distinction between threads and breaks.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Atleast last time when they felt the need to update the look they gave us a option of how we wanted to interact new or old(classic). I cant find anyway to do this like before. Atleast give a choice im not a fan of this new look.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
No logical order to the posts and just plain screwed up. Roger
Yeah, kinda noticed that, too. After some trial & error, I found that you have to use your "Account Details" and uncheck certain items they checked as a default. Options are nice, but don't make my decisions for me.

·
Blank Space
2,971 Posts
Atleast last time when they felt the need to update the look they gave us a option of how we wanted to interact new or old(classic). I cant find anyway to do this like before. Atleast give a choice im not a fan of this new look.
That was a 'skin' change within the same forum software. This is a whole new software package, so no way to revert to an old appearance.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I'm a member of another forum operated by VerticalScope (see the name all the way at the bottom of the page) that went through this same transition a couple of months ago. The transition to this new software is definitely very shocking and takes a couple of weeks to get used to it.

Believe it or not, I'm glad to see that some minor visual improvements to the new software that we had to wait for in that other forum are already here on day one. The way threads are listed on the screen can be worse, trust me!

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
I hate to be negative but this new look is a lot like Windows 10. It was supposed to be better in every way but after a year I still cannot find things like I could on Win 7. One button for "All programs" gone. One-click for "Downloads" gone. So many things take many steps to get to, that once required only one step. I hope this new renovation allows for going back to what is familiar to us old-timers.

·
Kish JD 318/420/430
3,122 Posts
I really haven't found anything that different now, things were out of order, but that was because of the old cookies and new site, once I clicked on the current/last page (in the threads since Sunday), order soon was re-established, others I just mass marked as read since I already had read them.

·
Administrator
2,288 Posts
Mine too. I even tried both light and dark mode but both did the same; believe it or not after reading several threads got a little nauseated. I'm sure I'll eventually get accustomed to it but until then geeez.....
If you use chrome as a browser, there is a plugin that can allow you to adjust the contrast of the page.
-Philip

·
Registered
75 Posts
I suddenly started getting notifications for every thread created. Found how to turn that off but don’t see a way to get the daily digest. Don’t see the point in removing that feature. Unless I missed it.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Another thing those of us who have a 5 or 10yr badge, may be no biggie to some but i was proud of that badge. Sure you can do the math but really??

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
As usual 'they' change things without input from the peanut gallery. I hated the last change, and found it only tolerable by shifting to the simplest display configuration I could manage to set. Having a column on the side of all the 'latest and greatest' postings that were not of interest(or I would have found them myself in my own time) was and is a waste of screen and electrons. I try to make it disappear.

This latest 'update' (it is NOT and upgrade) is obnoxious. At least to my way of using the site.
I can no longer page down to the specific areas where I feel I might contribute. I must open the sub-sections to see the individual sub-topics. No thanks.
It may get your 'page count' or 'view count' increased, but not at the expense of my time.

I used to subscribe to Popular Science and Popular Mechanics and, long ago, Mechanix Illustrated. The first two have re-designed and re-designed and, maybe did it once more. I dropped my subscriptions. No renewal for some 'graduate designer' who had to put his/her pen to use and make things look his/her way.
You cannot read the table of contents because the words are plastered over an image of the 'hot topic' of the month. When you do decipher the characters, and go to the page indicated(numbered? who needs page numbers?), the subject matter may be splattered all over the place, with little images scattered on one page, and some text mixed in, etc. Just garbage layout.
This latest iteration seems to be someones' idea of a 'brain storm'. More like a nightmare, waking up wondering how did they mess this up so badly.
You made the sight have 'visual presence' of some sort, but not what I want to look at.

I made it a daily place to visit, comment as I could to give others information where I could.

I don't intend to do that after you made it so difficult to navigate. I have better things to do with my time.

I may come back once a week. Thanks for nothing. Though I don't pay money, I do contribute. At least I thought so.
tom

·
Senior MTF Poster
12,813 Posts
First half dozen times I clicked my old icon everything came up fine though really different. I thought this will not be too bad then suddenly boxes came up saying "To continue you must sigh on with Face Book" or "You must sign on with Google Chrome" and had an email option. I have different identities on Face Book and Google which I do not want to use, I want the identity I have use here for 14 years or so and could not get email option to work either as it said the identity was already in use (me). I really do not know how I managed to get here without the boxes popping up saying I can not post so I may never be back.

Walt Conner

·
Senior MTF Poster
12,813 Posts
As usual 'they' change things without input from the peanut gallery. I hated the last change, and found it only tolerable by shifting to the simplest display configuration I could manage to set. Having a column on the side of all the 'latest and greatest' postings that were not of interest(or I would have found them myself in my own time) was and is a waste of screen and electrons. I try to make it disappear.

This latest 'update' (it is NOT and upgrade) is obnoxious. At least to my way of using the site.
I can no longer page down to the specific areas where I feel I might contribute. I must open the sub-sections to see the individual sub-topics. No thanks.
It may get your 'page count' or 'view count' increased, but not at the expense of my time.

I used to subscribe to Popular Science and Popular Mechanics and, long ago, Mechanix Illustrated. The first two have re-designed and re-designed and, maybe did it once more. I dropped my subscriptions. No renewal for some 'graduate designer' who had to put his/her pen to use and make things look his/her way.
You cannot read the table of contents because the words are plastered over an image of the 'hot topic' of the month. When you do decipher the characters, and go to the page indicated(numbered? who needs page numbers?), the subject matter may be splattered all over the place, with little images scattered on one page, and some text mixed in, etc. Just garbage layout.
This latest iteration seems to be someones' idea of a 'brain storm'. More like a nightmare, waking up wondering how did they mess this up so badly.
You made the sight have 'visual presence' of some sort, but not what I want to look at.

I made it a daily place to visit, comment as I could to give others information where I could.

I don't intend to do that after you made it so difficult to navigate. I have better things to do with my time.

I may come back once a week. Thanks for nothing. Though I don't pay money, I do contribute. At least I thought so.
tom
Tom, You offer invaluable information and are very much needed here. They will be improving the interface etc and you will become used to it. Heck, I would never leave XP if I could help it but time marches on with or without us.

Walt Conner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts