My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I was painting my Jim Dandy and had taken the tunnel off, I came to like the looks without tunnel. I kept trying to figure out where to put my feet.
I have about 20 old John Deeres and Cubs that Ive collected so I went looking. I decided to use the foot rests off an old Cub Cadet 70. I mounted these and while I was robbing parts , I took the steering wheel off a John Deere 216 . I removed the steering wheel from the Jim Dandy and painted the steering column black and then removed the John Deere emblem from the steering cap and painted inside of cap orange to match the tractor..Ill take pics tomorrow and i will try my luck at posting them. Today Finished painting my home made plow and installed it..
My Jim Dandy is painted AC Orange with IH White wheels and seat.I painted front pulleys black -steering column black-foot rests black .Ive got the curved seat bracket also black.
I have no hydrolics or any kind of manual lift..All were missing when I got tractor. This is my first economy so Im pleased.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
cant wait for pics. it may have never had a lift, i THINK some of them came without a lift and just had a fixed hitch

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried to get pics up last night but never did..I may have to send them to someone from my phone and see if they can repost..I can work on mowers and pullers but these phones are not my cup of tea.

·
Still plays with tractors
2,353 Posts

·
2,353 Posts
Not sure when you sent them and I had recieved 4 emails with attachments earlier today. All went into my spam box so I just deleted them. Send them again with something like "tractor pics" in the subject line if you can. That way I will know they are ok. Sorry but I've been hacked once and once is enough.

·
2,353 Posts
I got them and here they are.

Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor Agricultural machinery Lawn

Vehicle Motor vehicle Auto part Engine Car

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
looks good, the paint and the foot rests. i was wondering when i would see a jim with cub foot rests! i ever have to i think i might take your idea.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Jeff The first pic is when i purchased the Jim Dandy at the previous owners home. The second pic is three weeks later. The tunnel can still be used if I decide to put it back on.
The steering wheel is from a John Deere 216.I painted over the emblem Ha
Finally drove tractor and it was a pleasure and seems to have plenty of power.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts