My Tractor Forum banner

261 - 280 of 1306 Posts

·
Ridgestalker
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #261 (Edited)
Todays last pic:D Some pics I took I cannot get them smaller so`s I can load them up:sorry1:

Attachments

·
Registered
402 Posts
**** fine welding.
You did all of these welds with Flux core?
I can't weld for crap with Flux but give me an old stick welder I'll weld you up a new girl friend hehe.

My dad used to weld up the Holds in old Barges till he got sick.

·
The Brisk Guy
20 Posts
Very nice work ridgestalker. That will be one mean Craftsman machine when you are done. I have a 96 GT for ya after your done with that one...lol

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Nice work G, I can't understand how anyone could have issues with fluxcore ?That stuff welds effortlessly. But I will tell you my favorite is Hobart Fabcor argon/co2 mix. Zero spatter and 110K tensile86R:fing32:

G, are you going to weld those side plates out solid ? I, myself would not, especially around the radiused ends. You may want to leave about 3/4" to 1" open in the middle of the radius(for flex) or it could crack the tubes at that point.;) Another trade secret, and you may already know this is never end your welds on the edge. Their are a lot of little tricks to keep weldments from cracking and "pulling" , and by the looks of yours.... well I think you already know this;) Now hurry up! I want to see the video of you moving material around:trink39: :thThumbsU

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,045 Posts
Really coming along!!! Can't wait to see the end!!!

·
Ridgestalker
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #266
Here you go , pondering fodder,
At the priority valve, Do you have the relief port blocked, allowing another componet to give the relief protection? If so then I need to order 2 more down sizing bushings:D

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
No, that is a return to tank symbol so the relief is functional. This can become your main pump relief, so it needs to return to tank. Sorry about that.

·
Ridgestalker
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #268
I got the head R/R chore is done and out of the way, it will be gone in the morning:D Then I focus on the build completely:D God willing that is:D Still waiting for a few parts that is hanging the belly of the machine up though, when they come I plan to get right back to that and finish it up, so`s I can determine the hydra... lines length:D

·
Ridgestalker
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #269
Really coming along!!! Can't wait to see the end!!!
:thanku: It`ll be awhile yet though, no short cutting here:D

·
Ridgestalker
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #270
**** fine welding.
You did all of these welds with Flux core?
I can't weld for crap with Flux but give me an old stick welder I'll weld you up a new girl friend hehe.

My dad used to weld up the Holds in old Barges till he got sick.
:thThumbsU Ya so far all FCAW,0.030,71T. But to be sure, when it comes time to weld the tanks, I`ll probably will use 7018LH, 1/8.:D

·
Ridgestalker
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #271
Nice work G, I can't understand how anyone could have issues with fluxcore ?That stuff welds effortlessly. But I will tell you my favorite is Hobart Fabcor argon/co2 mix. Zero spatter and 110K tensile86R:fing32:

G, are you going to weld those side plates out solid ? I, myself would not, especially around the radiused ends. You may want to leave about 3/4" to 1" open in the middle of the radius(for flex) or it could crack the tubes at that point.;) Another trade secret, and you may already know this is never end your welds on the edge. Their are a lot of little tricks to keep weldments from cracking and "pulling" , and by the looks of yours.... well I think you already know this;) Now hurry up! I want to see the video of you moving material around:trink39: :thThumbsU
:thanku: The plates are radiased for that reason, not to put undo stress on the part that is being secured, but the projected stress on the arms will need to be welded all around. the trick of the trade is when and where,and how fast. It must be A,B, and then C:thThumbsU

·
Ridgestalker
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #272
Very nice work ridgestalker. That will be one mean Craftsman machine when you are done. I have a 96 GT for ya after your done with that one...lol
:thanku: :trink40: Bring it on, don`t forget the parts, materials:D LoL

·
Ridgestalker
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #273
No, that is a return to tank symbol so the relief is functional. This can become your main pump relief, so it needs to return to tank. Sorry about that.
I want to figure how I can get away with less return lines:D ??

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
You can return to tank with only 1 line, it just needs to be large enough to handle the 23 gpm from the pump. Unfortunately you need them, and they can't have any real back pressure so to the tank they must go.
Now on another note: what kind of oil capacity have you figured for your self ? You want at least 40% of the pumps gpm not including cylinder volume.
So for example, 40% of 23 = roughly 9.2 gallons for tank + cylinder volume at all cylinders fully extended would roughly be maybe 1.5 gallons so you have plenty of oil you can be moving,and this doesn't take into account for the drive. This is what is going to need the oil volume because of the large GPM capabilities you have. You want to move that oil and be able to keep it cool.
Your uprights are not going to be large enough by themselves to hold the amount of oil that pump will need to be happy. Even at 20% that's almost 5 gallons, even with the cross brace figured in, I think it would be around 2.5-3 gallons ? So you need to squeak in a few more gallons of oil storage somewhere. All you need is a 1 foot square box and you will have gained 7.4 gallons .
Keep up the AWSOME work !! It's looking great!!!

·
Sears-o-holic
286 Posts

·
Ridgestalker
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #276
You can return to tank with only 1 line, it just needs to be large enough to handle the 23 gpm from the pump. Unfortunately you need them, and they can't have any real back pressure so to the tank they must go.
Now on another note: what kind of oil capacity have you figured for your self ? You want at least 40% of the pumps gpm not including cylinder volume.
So for example, 40% of 23 = roughly 9.2 gallons for tank + cylinder volume at all cylinders fully extended would roughly be maybe 1.5 gallons so you have plenty of oil you can be moving,and this doesn't take into account for the drive. This is what is going to need the oil volume because of the large GPM capabilities you have. You want to move that oil and be able to keep it cool.
Your uprights are not going to be large enough by themselves to hold the amount of oil that pump will need to be happy. Even at 20% that's almost 5 gallons, even with the cross brace figured in, I think it would be around 2.5-3 gallons ? So you need to squeak in a few more gallons of oil storage somewhere. All you need is a 1 foot square box and you will have gained 7.4 gallons .
Keep up the AWSOME work !! It's looking great!!!
The uprights are 26"hx3"x5"x3/16, what is the volume for those? And w/ enough reducers I could get the lines to one, but I thought I`d use two.:D

·
Ridgestalker
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #277
Today`s efforts:D

Attachments

·
Ridgestalker
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #278
more pics:D

Attachments