My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, i have replaced an old 13hp briggs and stratton with a second hand briggs 15 hp on a countax c300h lawn tractor.
The new engine has located fine onto chassis and the electricclutch has gone back onto the keyed drive shaft fine. So far so good.
So my questions are now about the wiring???

Picture 1 shows two sets of wires coming off the engine both are black and red one set in a male coupler and the other set in a female coupler.The first pair come out from the flywheel and the other pair come from the other side of the engine with the red attached to bottom of the carb bowl and the black going up under the flywheel again see pic 5.
Picture 2 shows a thick black wire which came connected to a screw on the engine i have attached the loose end to the engine mounting bolt for Earth?

I have connected a main red wire from the alternator to the starter?

Picture 3 shows the wiring loom coming from under my chassis ending in a metal box, the box was previously bolted onto the old flywheel cover.What should i now do with this, just attach it to keep it out of the way? ? There are two single wires on this that have male and female couplers one wire red and one yellow, do these connect or stay loose?

On picture 4 i have a purple/mauve wire coming up from under the chassis, this i think used to attach to a bolt on the side of the carb on the old engine, dont see where it can go on this new engine, is it another earth?. Also the new engine has a wire attached to the bowl of the carb.

What goes where?

Help???
FOR SOME REASON MY PICTURES WONT UPLOAD AS AN ATTACHMENT ANY ANSWERS BASED ON DESCRIPTION WOULD BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED
Lee

·
not quins. but sextuplets
15,241 Posts
when postin pics....scrool down from the typin area...to another area that has.... 'manage attachments' in it...click those words....it will guide u on getin them uploaded..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts