1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Gun Toting Democrat.
144 Posts
Wow. Yeah I wouldn't want something like that attached to the tires of my vehicle. The DR stuff seems to be really gimmicky to me.

·
Sears Fan
1,281 Posts
Yup. Looks like a terrible idea, and an engineering nightmare. Hit a snowbank too hard, plow buckles up into your bumper and tires pop???

And at $1000, I would much rather pay someone to fabricate brackets for my vehicle for any of the $300-500 plow blades available on craigslist.

I doubt it would work with studded tires either.

·
Registered
203 Posts
DR's right down the road from me; two towns over. I have some of their stuff (bought used) and I generally think it seems good. I'd love one of their rapidfire wood splitters (look it up if you haven't seen it; it seems great.)

That being said, this looks like the most useless piece of junk I've ever seen them offer. Not only will it break in seconds if you turn the wheels when the blade is blocked, the blade weighs less than 50 lbs - which means it won't scrape down to the surface. Notice how the video didn't show the aftereffects of the plowing?

I'd consider this if I lived in VA or NC and might have to plow six inches or less once or twice a year. I can't believe this is sold by a company based in Vermont.

·
Sears Fan
1,281 Posts
Wow. You really do learn something new everyday. I didn't even know DR was based in VT. Most of their stuff seems decent, but this product is just a shame and lacks "Vermonter Ingenuity".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.