My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, recently inherited a DGS6500 from my Dad, has the Craftsman 2 stage snow thrower and 48" deck. The model is 917.288480 which I believe is an '08. Ben reading some older threads and hope to keep this tractor for a while.

Upon doing some google searches for parts, I seem to be having some difficulty locating parts outside of going through Sears. I have used Jacks Small Engines (site) in the past and with great success, but the Craftsman model number 917.288480 doesn't appear on his site or many others?? What am I missing, are you guys using a specific site to get parts with better success?

Thanks in advance.

·
MTF Poster
503 Posts
I have really enjoyed my DGS6500. I hope your's is as effective as my own.

·
Registered
120 Posts
You got yourself a beast of a tractor. Maintain it and you should have years of solid performance.

Is there a specific part you were looking for? Or are you just curious for possible future need?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Basically tuneup parts, but also future needs. I order everything I can online since we live out in the country, easier than chasing down parts in town. I really haven't had much luck finding good resources so far, any suggestions?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Basically tuneup parts, but also future needs. I order everything I can online since we live out in the country, easier than chasing down parts in town. I really haven't had much luck finding good resources so far, any suggestions?

Hey,

My DGS6500 model # is 917.28860 so it may differ a bit from yours not sure. I also believe mine is a 2008. lol.

You probably would have noticed this, but my tractor has all the part #'s for everything from 54" Bagger attachment's to what model spark plug to use, this is located on a big sticker/label under the hood of my tractor.

I can post you a picture if you would like, i'm just not sure if it would all be the exact same, due to the different in model #'s.

What engine is in yours? Kohler PRO 26 H.P? Also what transmission is in it? I have the Hydro Tuff Torque K66Y.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts