My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So because of an act of God and months of work the herd is getting a new home. It’s 30 x 40 and will have a concrete floor and electricity very soon.
I should have taken a picture of the 15 x 30 structure that was removed to make way for this one but I was just glad to see it go.
The first picture is at the end of day one. They didn’t get started until about 1pm.
The next two pictures are at the end of day two. They worked late tonight to try to get ahead of the rain coming in tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
923 Posts
That’s a nice sized “shed”... lol. Congrats on the new home for the herd. Be sure to keep posting pics.

·
Premium Member
3,673 Posts
Huh, they didn't do the concrete first? I would think it's easier to do the concrete, then build on top of it...

·
15,000 +posts!
20,077 Posts
Many pole barns have the poles installed first,then the roof,so you have a dry platform under it to store building materials and work under in foul weather...the slab often gets poured last (if one is used at all)..

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As of 11 today the barn builders were done. This group builds them this way. I suppose not all of there pole barns have concrete floors. These guys seem to be very proficient in what they do and my guess is that they don’t want to change and mess up their system.
Now waiting on the concrete guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts