My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, thanks to all that shared their input. My D140 arrived a couple days ago. Assembled the bagger and got the bumper on.

I thought the bagger assembly in 30 minutes was fine, but had to shrink my hands down to get the pins in for the bumper. Seems like a few less heat shield interference points would be nicer!

First cut was fine, even though I let our grass get crazy high. Clogged the shoot one time as I tried to lower the deck 3 notches. Raised it back up and no problem. Waiting on my trailer/cart and the 2 stage snow thrower, but won't need to worry about snow for a while (hope).

Appreciate the welcome that everyone extended the newbie! I'm sure I'll be asking plenty of dumb questions, but I even read the manual!

By the way, I couldn't get used to the camber in the front wheels but was told this is normal to look "pigeon toed?"

Attachments

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Looks great :thThumbsU

Every one I ever saw was pigeon toed like that. It would drive me crazy. Should be a alignment adjustment somewhere??

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
Congrats! Kyyp us updated on how well it works for you! Bagging you do have to be aware of how much you cut at one time or they do tend tp plug without a power-flow.:fing32:

·
MTF Tractor Nut
4,431 Posts
Enjoy your new D140!!!

·
Enginerd - DieselDork
784 Posts
Congrats on the new ride ! and yes the "pigeon toe" is normal :).
The "pigeon toe" helps the wheels return to "straight" on their own.

If you align it out, there will be less wheel scrub while going straight, but more effort required to turn the wheel back to "straight" after making a turn.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. Looks great.:fing32:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Cool deal on the 140 congrats. Pigeon toes may cut a circle in the yard around really tight turns. Try to adjust it if you can. Better yet, try it out in backyard and see if if hurts the lawn before you start turning wrenches.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Congrats from another D Series owner! As many others already said, the toe-in is normal. Mine has never cut any circles into the lawn... But does leave marks on most any concrete surface, even when driving straight! Overall though, they are great little machines.

·
MTF Poster
244 Posts
Hello Troy, the best with your new ride and most of all,...Enjoy!

·
That Guy
1,160 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase!

Us cheap bastards with 'fake' Deere will be taking over this forum soon. Perhaps we should enter into talks with the post-IH Cub Cadets and the AYP built Ariens owners.

·
MTF Poster
244 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase!

Us cheap bastards with 'fake' Deere will be taking over this forum soon. Perhaps we should enter into talks with the post-IH Cub Cadets and the AYP built Ariens owners.

Hello Oefveteran,pleasure,

Just what in your opinion is considered a 'fake' John Deere?

Not writing to be provocative, before coming to this forum, I was under the impression that if it had the "John Deere" name and logo - it was a John Deere. After reading around , I see that certain series are considered 'anathema'. Your thoughts?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Nice looking ride. Enjoy the seat time!

·
Registered
53 Posts

Not writing to be provocative, before coming to this forum, I was under the impression that if it had the "John Deere" name and logo - it was a John Deere. After reading around , I see that certain series are considered 'anathema'. Your thoughts?
I do believe he is misinformed. There are no 'fake' deere tractors. Low end? yes. But not fake, not everyone needs a 3k + lawnmower. Unless getting a big tractor to cut an acre makes you feel better about yourself.

·
Registered
53 Posts

Don't worry he's just misinformed. There are no 'fake' deere tractor.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Don't worry he's just misinformed. There are no 'fake' deere tractor.
HINT: This road is well traveled and the bridge is out @ the end:Stop:

·
Registered
281 Posts

uh, oh....

1 - 20 of 57 Posts