My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little big for mowing a acrage but you could sure do it in style. This Chip Foose custom is on display at the factory here and Chip will be here the 22nd to give it away in a drawing for a sweepstakes Deere had last fall. Also got a nice pic of the 1026 on theCompany website but have to find out when it can be posted.

·
MTF Tractor Nut
4,420 Posts
Interesting looking tractor... Does it have any more pulling power than the stock version and where can I find a snow blower to fit it?:greendr:

·
MTF Tractor Nut
4,420 Posts
I have no idea why you would ruin a 4020 like that. It's kind of a waste of a 90 horsepower tractor.
It's kind of like the companies that actually pay Orange County Choppers to build them a special bike, only Deere picked/paid someone cooler to redo one of their tractors. I guess I see your point that it's just a show piece and likely not the most useable tractor.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Some things just need to be left alone. In this instance the 4020. slkpk

·
Member 800 post club !!
953 Posts
Very cool looking tractor. I enjoy watching Chip work, and always admire the finished product. Overhauling is a great show. Some lucky person will end up with a one of a kind JD>

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
If I heard right everything can be undone should someone want to as he kept all the original parts.

If you take off that fake "quick change" rear end thing off the PTO it would make a cool mowing machine. 90hp would pull one heck of a grooming mower.

·
Super Moderator
32,709 Posts
Take it to parades and show it off, that is what it is designed to do at this point! Chip is an amazing builder/painter/customizer and I'm sure that tractor is worth more as a showpiece than it will ever be as a working tractor!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Did you all here that Jay Leno has an open offer to the winner of this tractor. He is willing to pay 2 million dollars for it. No I am not kidding in any way...Jay feels that this tractor, being an American icon, and that Foose designed it will be be worth even more some day...plus he just likes it. I guess when you have "Leno money" you can buy whatever you want!

To those who think they wasted a good tractor...I don't know many that would bring even half that amount of money.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
that tractor was on display in front of our local john deere dealership during john deere days. looks nice but dosent have much use.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If I heard right everything can be undone should someone want to as he kept all the original parts.

If you take off that fake "quick change" rear end thing off the PTO it would make a cool mowing machine. 90hp would pull one heck of a grooming mower.
You are right, everything as far as the add ons are modular. They can be taken off and the unit returned to "stock"

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Hey guys, dont get your panites in a bunch...It was built to be a show piece, and it is a show piece, not something useful.

·
Diesel Power
1,604 Posts
that tractor was on display in front of our local john deere dealership during john deere days. looks nice but dosent have much use.
Most old, restored tractors around here are only used for parade duty, it would be great for that. Chip Foose is incredibly talented, but I agree, he should stick to cars.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hey, I understand Foose can do what he wants with it. I just don't know why. I've never really been a fan of his work, to be honest. And if you like it, cool. I just don't. Out here we still use these tractors for what they were intended. My grandpa has two 3020 Diesels that he bought in '68. We use them every day. I guess that's where I'm coming from. I would love to have a 4020, but they bring some bucks. And no, they won't bring $2 million, but you might be surprised how much people give for a restored 4020. My neighbor bought a 4320 brand new. He showed me the statement from the dealer - gave $6500 for it. You can't get a good 4320 for that anymore.

Anyway, didn't mean to push any buttons. I just don't get it.

·
Super Moderator
32,709 Posts
Kinda like the show "Monster Garage" Some of it I thought was interesting, I don't really "get" Jesse James need to "ruin" vehicles, but I guess someone thought it was great!

·
The Gate Keeper
1,181 Posts
Which plant is it at Woody? Is that that John Deere Works plant or is it over by the river. I have been to a few of the plants in Loo, but not the one by the river.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Which plant is it at Woody? Is that that John Deere Works plant or is it over by the river. I have been to a few of the plants in Loo, but not the one by the river.
Officially, it's the Tractor Cab And Assembly Operations. But also called Donald Street Site.

·
Super Moderator
32,709 Posts
61woody, thanks for the pics of the tractor! I'd seen the "artist concept drawings" a while ago but didn't realize he was finished with it!

·
The Gate Keeper
1,181 Posts
Officially, it's the Tractor Cab And Assembly Operations. But also called Donald Street Site.
Thanks Woody. I would think about stopping by and looking at it if I was heading up to Young Arena to see the Blackhawks get their butts kicked by the Roughriders tomorrow night, but I have a soccer game to go to and can't make the trip.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts